HD3000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a working system then I tried installing Parallel 5 with my Win 7. Didn't work so I downloaded a demo copy of VMWare and tried again. Didn't work either but this time it froze my machine. When I rebooted, it gets stuck at the apple logo screen (I removed the -v option). Now my machine is not booting into SL. I am going to reinstall SL and Win7 with dual-boot mode instead of using Parallel or VMware.

Be cautious if you are playing with Virtualization s/w.

Even having been a paying customer of VMWare on Linux, when I switched to OSX, I tried the [free] VirtualBox...

It works wonderfully on my MBP (Leo), and just tested it on the HackPro SL 10.6.2 I'm putting together.

All seems OK, you might want to check it out...

That's interesting. I've had problems with vmware too, it usually works to run windows, but the system becomes less reliable. I recently updated to the new jmicron and I'm running windows fine. (knock on wood).

I switched also to Virtual box when vmware stopped being free and I'm in love with it.

Hum..I'll try again and see if it passes this time. One interesting note, I installed win7 on a separate partition but have had a lot of problems with the death blue screen. When it comes to install updates, it kept crashing. I removed the network cable and tweaked the BIOS RAM voltage and it appeared to stabilize. I don't know if it has something to do with it or not.
Will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back