Graphics
560ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
What card that is supported that would be equal to or better than the 560ti that would give the option for Apple Display's and up to 3 monitors? I currently have the 560ti, but it can only run 2 monitors and I don't believe I can use the Apple monitor without an expensive conversion kit. I wanted to try something like a 6950, but know they aren't fully compatible, but neither was the 560ti and it works great. With a budget of $200-$250 what's the next compatible step up?

The 6870 is about on par with the 560ti,according to most benchmarks I have seen, and it is the best ATI card available with native support in OSX. It may be about 5% slower but that is something you will not notice playing most games and in normal desktop work. I have a PowerColor 6870 and all 4 of the monitor outputs were detected without any extra steps. If you are playing any games you may want the XFX 2Gig version although I would spend a bit of times in the forums as some people had some issues getting it work but I believe it is possible. If you do not want to have to tinker to get the card fully functioning I would not stray from a reference design card.

Thanks, I owned one, but ended up selling it, but turns out the card was defective. I thought I was running into installation problems. I forgot that I can always add another cheaper video card. I only need the 560ti performance on 2 screens. I think OSX supports dual different video cards, would that be correct to assume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back