Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I use LogMeIn, VNC, and SSH pretty extensively, and I also dual-boot Windows 7 and Mountain Lion.

With my "real" Mac I would switch back and forth remotely, by either choosing a boot drive in System Preferences, or using BootChamp. With my Hackintosh, I haven't yet figured out a way to remotely reboot into Windows or back to Mountain Lion.

From Mountain Lion, it looks like I could edit the org.chameleon.plist to change the default, and I could probably automate that with a script, but then I'm not sure I'd be able to change back to ML from Windows remotely.

Does anybody have a recommendation or best practices for something like that?

Thanks! :thumbup:

Interesting.. If you come up with a solution would you please post back.

Right now I just login to OS X remotely and the start VMWare to boot my windows install via Boot Camp .. not all that effective but "works"

Well, what I've got so far is that I've created two versions of my boot file in Extras, one which defaults to OSX and one which defaults to Windows, and I just rename one or the other of them before rebooting so that it uses the appropriate file. That seems to work pretty well.

It did require that I install that Paragon Software HFS+ driver for Windows in order to be able to access that file while booted into Windows. That's a $20 download purchase; right now I'm in my evaluation period. If I don't come up with a better method before it expires I will probably purchase a copy. It's working better than I expected, actually.

Eventually I'd like to script this so that I don't have to do all that manually each time I reboot. I could write a shell script to do it from the OS X side, but I'm not sure how I would do it while booted into Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back