Contribute
Register

Best system definition? Also airplay mirroring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,

I'm fairly new to Hackintosh setup but steadily getting there! I'm just wondering what the best system definition for my set up would be. My hardware looks like this:

Intel Core i5 4670K - note this has 4600 Intel Graphics
Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Vengeance
Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI Motherboard
Asus GTX 760
Crucial M4 128GB
Seagate 1TB
Corsair 430W PSU

Would a Mac Mini be the best system definition for me? Or an iMac? The specs very closely match the top of the range current imac, but I'm not sure if that's even available as a choice! It's currently set as a Mac Pro.

I'd also quite like to get AirPlay mirroring going. AirTunes works in iTunes, which is at least something. and the airplay icon shows in the task bar, but when I try to connect to my Apple TV I get:
Could not connect to “Year 5-A Apple TV”

The integrated graphics shows up in system profiler, so I don't think it's a BIOS issue. Any tips here too?

i only got a desktop screen on tv, sometimes it doesn't even shows anything but audio works without problem. toleda made a guide for this but it was focus on other gfx. being not able to understand the basic i lost the whole lesson

Your system definition should ideally be based on your processor (In your case, haswell desktop). The haswell macs that are out right now are: imac14, macbookpro11, and macbookair6. Chameleon Wizard has a good smbios generator; the important thing is the board ID and making sure it is right for your mac model. Example:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 8.12.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 8.12.59 PM.png
    185 KB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back