Graphics
NVidia GeForce GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys! I have just reunited with Bella-my Hackintosh. I built it in 2012, still works great. Now the thing is that I never bothered upgrading, everything was ok but she's now still running 10.7(Lion) so I guess it's time.

- Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H
- Intel i7 2600k
- Corsair vengeance 16gb
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
- EVGA 650 g2

1) Can I upgrade from Lion to Mojave ? If not what should I upgrade to?
2) Is it possible to just upgrade and all my data remain exactly where they are?
In general what do you think the best solution is in my case?
thank you

hey thanks. I checked the link, so I guess Mojave is out of the picture.
Will my gpu work with HS though? Is there anywhere where I can check compatibility with OS X?

so I guess Mojave is out of the picture.
You can buy a 30 dollar GT 710 and run Mojave or even Catalina this Fall. There are better cards too for under $100.

As far as I can tell the 710 might be more recent but the 510 is superior. I also don't have the budget for (even a small) hardware upgrade.
Thanks a lot for the suggestions but buying a new card is not an option for me.

I'd like to know the most recent OS X version that supports my card and I'll go with it.
Could you help me with it ?

As far as I can tell the 710 might be more recent but the 510 is superior. I also don't have the budget for (even a small) hardware upgrade.
Thanks a lot for the suggestions but buying a new card is not an option for me.

I'd like to know the most recent OS X version that supports my card and I'll go with it.
Could you help me with it ?
You could use HS.

thank you!

so I'm reading the guides right now.

1) First from Lion to El capitan and then to HS ? this is the way?
2) I'm comfortable doing a clean install but I'm confused as to what's different migrating from one OS X to another. Do I need to do something different ?

Do I need to do something different ?
Where have you been the last 7 years ? We no longer use Chimera bootloader it's all about Clover now so read up on that first before you do anything.

Yes I'm reading everything for a few hours now but it's still a lot to digest (as you said I was not active in the hackintosh community for a while)
Let me ask something else though.
Is it better to upgrade on my existing OS X ? or erase drives, clean install and recover data with time machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back