Motherboard
Asus TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WIFI
CPU
i7-14700K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed 10.12.1 using RehabMan's guide for 10.11. As per the config.plist, the system was set to MBA. I got 2 errors when trying to create power ssdt with Pike's ssdtPRGen; 1 about the CPU not being set right, and another about the board not supporting the CPU. I'm wondering what SMBIOS to use that might support skylake? I know that there's an MB9 that has skylake using Core M, should I use that (my CPU is i5 6200u)? Or does clover have support for any of the new macbooks? Or should I just keep the MBA that I have?

Thanks.

I installed 10.12.1 using RehabMan's guide for 10.11. As per the config.plist, the system was set to MBA. I got 2 errors when trying to create power ssdt with Pike's ssdtPRGen; 1 about the CPU not being set right, and another about the board not supporting the CPU. I'm wondering what SMBIOS to use that might support skylake? I know that there's an MB9 that has skylake using Core M, should I use that (my CPU is i5 6200u)? Or does clover have support for any of the new macbooks? Or should I just keep the MBA that I have?

Thanks.

You can ignore the warnings, or try one of the MPB Skylake SMBIOS (or as you mention one of MB Skylake).
You never know what will happen though...

Thanks guys. Upon further research, my first incorrect CPU error seems to be cosmetic, so that's 1 issue down.

Next question, does clover have support for the late 2016 macbooks? I checked the latest clover configurator (using a copy of the config) and only saw the core M macbook. Or is there anywhere else I can look for the SMBIOS data?

My only concern would be the board does not support skylake error, does Apple check this as well, and might it result in me getting blacklisted if I use iMessage and such. Finally, what should I be looking for if I try different smbios in terms of power management working or not, other than sleep/shutdown, should I check CPU speeds with something like the Intel Gadget to see if it's all working?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide; sorry for all the questions, just want to try and get this right, if such a thing exists in hackingtosh land :)

Next question, does clover have support for the late 2016 macbooks? I checked the latest clover configurator (using a copy of the config) and only saw the core M macbook. Or is there anywhere else I can look for the SMBIOS data?

Clover Configurator is not Clover.
Clover can inject whatever SMBIOS data you like (via config.plist/SMBIOS).

Clover Configurator is not Clover.
Clover can inject whatever SMBIOS data you like (via config.plist/SMBIOS).

Thanks RehabMan. I do understand the difference between the 2, I just wanted to make sure, because I saw this comment in the config.plist you provided:
"Using Haswell MacBookAir6,2 until Clover has support for Skylake identifiers". That made me think it was something we had to wait for Clover to support.

I've prepared a MacBook pro13,1 SMBIOS using data from Pike's blog, will rerun ssdtPRGen and see how it goes. Will report back once I've tested it.

Thanks RehabMan. I do understand the difference between the 2, I just wanted to make sure, because I saw this comment in the config.plist you provided:
"Using Haswell MacBookAir6,2 until Clover has support for Skylake identifiers". That made me think it was something we had to wait for Clover to support.

That comment refers to Clover's feature where it can manufacture all the SMBIOS data from just the model identifier.
Newer versions of Clover have more support here, but until such newer versions become more stable, I won't be changing the repo content (because often, we need to use older versions).
But Clover can support any SMBIOS if you provide all of the data in config.plist/SMBIOS, not just the model identifier.

hi, i already try on my skylake i7-6700hq laptop with smbios data macbookpro13,3 but cant boot and get kernel panic and reboot

Attachments

• IMG_8175.JPG
    IMG_8175.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 425
From where did you download macOS?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Skylake info in the FAQ. It is important.
From where did you download macOS?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Skylake info in the FAQ. It is important.
I download my MacOS update from app store. I already installed my macOS and working now and I only trying to change my smbios to the newest 13,3 MacBook Pro because it is similar than my laptop now but it give me kernel panic

I download my MacOS update from app store. I already installed my macOS and working now and I only trying to change my smbios to the newest 13,3 MacBook Pro because it is similar than my laptop now but it give me kernel panic

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back