i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Chaps,
So Ive been running a 570GTX with Lion, but it seems to be an issue with these cards that they dont downclock when idle with two monitors plugged in. In effect, the card runs at full power all the time. To fix this, I can either use one monitor, or get a budget second card to handle the second monitor.

Two monitors = 800mhz clock and 55 degrees C
One monitor = 50mhz clock and 30 degrees C

Whats a good suggestion for a second card for OSX? Im guessing I should be able to plug and play with it on chimera? Ideally something that will run equally cool, ideally not have a whizzy fan and should probably be by nvidia. I dont think I'll be going SLI or anything like that, so ideally the cheapest card that will power a monitor correctly. If possible, DVI or VGA.

Thanks!

Anyone? This is like the fourth topic I've posted about something on this forum and not had a single reply. I've been told Tonymac was one of the best OSX86 forums but so far not a single response!

Personally, I'd go for something like a 9600GT or GT240. You can pick them up second hand for next to nothing. Plus they work OOB. However, if you wanted a new card I'd get an HD6450. Apparently they are now supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back