Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime B560-Plus
CPU
i5-10400F
Graphics
RX 580
Hi, I have an MSI GL63-8SD Laptop of a friend, and everything is working on Ventura, except of wifi/bt card 9560NGW also know as Intel Wireless-AC 9560.

I would like to replace it with an Airport Broadcom Wifi Card, so both wifi and bt are natively working.
I read that I should get one of
  • BCM943602
  • BCM94360
  • BCM94352
  • BCM94350
But I don't understand which one can physically fit the slot.
Screenshot 2023-02-13 alle 11.25.38.png

This it the actual Intel wifi card 9560NGW AC 9560, and I would like to know what should i buy to replace it and If i need an adapter.
I read somewhere that this is a Key E card but I'm not sure.
tempImagenEPY01.png
tempImage5FqjYG.png

Can you please tell me which wifi/bt card should I buy to replace this? And which adaptor, If needed, thanks.

Andyapple

Hi, I have an MSI GL63-8SD Laptop of a friend, and everything is working on Ventura, except of wifi/bt card 9560NGW also know as Intel Wireless-AC 9560.

I would like to replace it with an Airport Broadcom Wifi Card, so both wifi and bt are natively working.
I read that I should get one of
  • BCM943602
  • BCM94360
  • BCM94352
  • BCM94350
But I don't understand which one can physically fit the slot.
View attachment 563351
This it the actual Intel wifi card 9560NGW AC 9560, and I would like to know what should i buy to replace it and If i need an adapter.
I read somewhere that this is a Key E card but I'm not sure.
View attachment 563353View attachment 563352

Can you please tell me which wifi/bt card should I buy to replace this? And which adaptor, If needed, thanks.

Andyapple
BCM94360NG is a good card that requires no extra kexts to get working, all hand off etc works as well

BCM94360NG is a good card that requires no extra kexts to get working, all hand off etc works as well
Hi, thanks for your answer, does it fit the slot of this msi? does it need an adapter? Thank you!

Hi, thanks for your answer, does it fit the slot of this msi? does it need an adapter? Thank you!
should fit straight in, I replaced my intel wifi card link 5100 in my Asus laptop with one with no issues

Ok, that's great, thank you so much!!!
also check if there is no "whitelist" on your laptop

some laptops will only accept certain manufacturers of wifi modules

also check if there is no "whitelist" on your laptop

some laptops will only accept certain manufacturers of wifi modules
That's true, i read of many laptops with whitelist of wifi/bt cards, do you know where or how to check? Thanks

That's true, i read of many laptops with whitelist of wifi/bt cards, do you know where or how to check? Thanks
it may say in the laptop manual, probably download it via msi website, also check some msi laptop forums?

it may say in the laptop manual, probably download it via msi website, also check some msi laptop forums?
Ok thanks, I will try to check, It is a very open bios, and by pressing some keys even more hidden settings are shown in advanced menu.

tempImagezTnddV.png
tempImagegGEUud.png

Thanks for all your help!

@Feartech
Hi man, I really wanted to thank you.
Here is an update:
I replaced the wifi card of MSI GL63-8SD (9560NGW Intel AC 9560) with the one you suggested BCM94360NG and it works!!
Both wifi and bluetooth are working natively, ootb, just put it and work.
Airdrop and handoff too working!
It fits in this msi, this might be useful to someone with the same laptop.

Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back