HD4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm looking to set my profile for best the performance with Pro Tools HD & HDX card.
Specs:
GA-787X-UD5H, Intel i7 3.9Ghz (1 processor, 4 cores), 32GB, Vengence RAM
Currently set as iMac 14,1
Is there a better setting where I'll see better improvement in performance? Mac Pro etc?
Can't really complain about current setup, but you know us audio engineers always want the best performance.

hey @SDB49 .. jumping on your thread because it's current and you're using Avid HD cards. Ill be trying to hack a small form factor, cheap replacement for my aging 2008 MacPro's. I have two Mac Pro desktops, one runs windows 7 for game development and the other is Mac OSX 10.11.6 with a Native HD card. Both are starting to fail mechanically so they both need to be replaced. I'd say getting almost 10 years out of a computer is pretty good :)

My first priority is to replace the windows box. I'd like to use the same hardware for both builds. I found this pre-built small form factor box and ordered it this week >> https://www.msi.com/Desktop/Nightblade-MIB << Once it arrives I'll be looking into weather or not I can get it hacked as it's a B250 chipset it may be more complicated. If that hack doesn't work at least I'll have a decent windows 10 game development rig.

Any insight you can share about running Avid cards in a hackintosh would really be appreciated. Searching the site doesn't turn up much current info or HD card specific info.

I'll post my results over the next few weeks. I hope this small box works as a hack, that I can remove the video card, and drop my Native HD card in it's place. I would use the on board video if I can get both ports working.

Cheers !!

Awesome, and no problem for jumping on the thread.

I had issues with memory for a while where I would get random freezes and I would have to reboot the machine. Since upgrading the bios, that issue seems to have gone away, but I also switched the order of the ram. I guess it’s possible I haven’t gone through all 32 gig of RAM over the course of running ProTools but I’ve left the machine on for several hours and everything has been fine.

I’m pretty sure I’m using an X 16 slot for my HDX card and everything has been happy. Of course there are still the dreaded 97xx errors but no better or worse than what I saw on OSX.

I’m still on Yosemite, but thinking of making the jump to High Sierra or certainly Sierra. Couple things I don’t understand about using Clover versus Uni beast, as my motherboard still has a bios, but I have another partition that works so I’m covered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back