fanless PCI-E 90W or 75W that don't need extra supply
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody,

I was wondereing about customising its own notebook.
Im ean few yeard ago i was repairing notebook such Toshiba Portege which are ultrabook... and I could open them, change any parts wifi and buetooth included. I don't know much ten years later but is it possible for these notebook nowadays to do the same ?
I know there are big issues with WiFi and Bluetooth. I don't know for GPU if it's PCIe cards and if these small cards may be bought from anywhere if needed to be changed.
I know there are some problems as well with sleep, wake state aso...
So maybe in every category (gaming, ultrabook, low price..) can we make the best notebook taking a base and changing what makes problem.
By the way is there a database listing more or less compliant notebook sibce I look for ultrabook like Dell XPS 13 ?
Sorry for my english.

The best notebook in my humble opinion is the used 2015 Apple MacBook Air 13" i7 8GB/256GB from NewEgg for about $600 with a 1 year warranty. I bought 2 of these "grade b" notebooks and both of them look like new and had battery cycle counts under 100. That's hard to beat with a hackintosh of any kind. Feels a lot like my 2015 15" MacBook Pro when running typical lightweight internet stuff like a browser, mail, office apps. Consider this a baseline. You wouldn't want to pay more for something less.

I'd give you reason how difficult is it to make a notebook hackintosh to compare to desktop... hibernate, sleep / wake would ruin your battery for a non Apple model. So if you want a proper ultrabook, i'd give a chance to those bargains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back