Contribute
Register

Best LP (low profile) GPU for Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gigamaxx Do you know anyone that has tried this GPU? I currently have an MSI RX 560 Low Profile card but the thing I don't like is that the fans are too loud. This looks like an interesting buy and I live near a Microcenter.

@cesarhp I was going to recommend the MSI RX 560 LP but like trs96 said, the prices are ridiculous. Another low profile card is the Radeon Pro WX4100 but that is also pricey and its actually a workstation card. I would go with the one Gigamaxx recommended.

@Gigamaxx Do you know anyone that has tried this GPU? I currently have an MSI RX 560 Low Profile card but the thing I don't like is that the fans are too loud. This looks like an interesting buy and I live near a Microcenter.

@cesarhp I was going to recommend the MSI RX 560 LP but like trs96 said, the prices are ridiculous. Another low profile card is the Radeon Pro WX4100 but that is also pricey and its actually a workstation card. I would go with the one Gigamaxx recommended.

i may pick one up tomorrow for testing it’s $166 locally so I will definitely return it but it would be good to test to make sure it’s compatible before others order it online.

Last edited:
This is an old post , but what did you end up buying?

Just for Archive:

SFF Low Profile OOB Cards are:

AMD WX 4100 / aka RX560 Baffin works OOB, 4 DP and a low Power Consumption TDP 50 W

Works in my HP 8300 SFF from High Sierra until now Monterey with no issues !

Gets as low as 15 W to 30 W normal use.

and

Yeston RX560-4G D5 LP should work as well.

I was not able to get the MSI LP, so I went with the WX 4100, is very Silent as well.

I was not able to get the MSI LP, so I went with the WX 4100, is very Silent as well.
How much, in dollars, did you pay for the 4100 ?

I paid 200 € used as New on Ebay, 235,63 $.

In Europe Dell sells them,

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-06 um 15.40.49.jpg

also the Yeston RX560-4G D5 LP is maybe avail in the US.

I first thought it is maybe to much, but you have to look how fast this Beast converts Video with VideoProc, and I use this 2012 HP every Day ! Low Energy and very responsive as silent too.

The PC was 120€ and 40€ for extra Ram. In the end a very Cheap Mac.
Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-06 um 21.06.40.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The PC was 120€ and 40€ for extra Ram. In the end a very Cheap Mac.
Yes, those HP 8300s are one of the best to convert to a hackintosh. Highly compatible.

Here's what a new WX4100 costs in North America these days. Not cheap.

Screen Shot 11.jpg

Dell refurbs are not cheap either.
Screen Shot 13.jpg

Yes, those HP 8300s are one of the best to convert to a hackintosh. Highly compatible.

Here's what a new WX4100 costs in North America these days. Not cheap.

View attachment 526417
Freakin expensive, normal it is vice versa, but this is a used one:

if you look out for it on Ebay, you might get a chance for a good deal.

It could also be worth contacting dell, cause the delivery Time in Germany looks like it would be sendet from the US.

Also there is :

from China ;-( but listed as Baffin Core, so I have known somebody using a Yeston, but it was an early example of RX550 with Baffin RX560......

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back