Contribute
Register

Best looking ATX case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was always under the impression that Case Labs had heavier cases, but cross-checking some sizes I stand corrected! Even the Merlin SM8 (more directly comparable to the R4) is only 20 lbs or so.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant...

I was surpised by the weight myself. When the box arrived at my door, I picked it up with one hand and carried it into the house. After building and looking at it, you'd think this case weighed much, much more.

A case like this might be expensive, but you will certainly get many years out of it. I see it as an investment. Unless the technology changes from something other than the ATX format, I expect to use this case for future builds for 10+ years.

Here's one advantage of the R4 over the Case Labs cases.

Watch the video that's in the lower half of this article:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Fractal-Design-Define-XL-Panels-Shotgun-Shooting,16194.html

FD did go a little overboard with the thickness of the steel in their R4 and Define Mini cases.
Not a bad thing to have but adds to the weight of the case significantly.

HAHA, I hope to not be shooting my case with buckshot anytime soon! The thing was too expensive to have to replace so soon.

FD did go a little overboard with the thickness of the steel in their R4 and Define Mini cases. Not a bad thing to have but adds to the weight of the case significantly.

OK, that's kind of awesome.

But yeah... Case Labs... Think that's my next build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back