Contribute
Register

Best looking ATX case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...however, they don't seem to be available in Europe :(

Yeah, you just can't beat the Case Labs cases. Here is my Mercury S5 before I started building in it.

Attachments

• IMAG0440.jpg
    IMAG0440.jpg
    818.2 KB · Views: 161
For me the most desirable thing about the Case Labs case is the ease with which the side
panels open and close. When taking the side panels off my Fractal R4 I always regret having
such thick and heavy sides to deal with and thumb screws that are easily lost. Also the sheer
weight of R4 makes it difficult to move it anywhere. Wheels on a Case Labs case are another
big plus. It's a ways off for me to get a Case Labs case but that's the direction I'm headed.

Also the sheer weight of R4 makes it difficult to move it anywhere. Wheels on a Case Labs case are another big plus.

I feel your pain. Though without the wheels Case Labs cases weigh more than any Fractal case owing to being solid aluminum construction (and not thin sheets, either).

That being said, you might want to get a caddy. Until recently I used this guy with my R4 build, though it now finds itself sitting under the server in my closet (because that shelf is really handy for switches and the like). I'm strongly considering this one for my desktop with the knowledge that it could sit under any future desktop I have (I like it because it's so low profile).

You could easily build something like this with parts from Home Depot for like $20 out of pocket at most.

I feel your pain. Though without the wheels Case Labs cases weigh more than any Fractal case owing to being solid aluminum construction (and not thin sheets, either).

Actually, the Case Labs S5 I have weights only 13 pounds (6kg). The Fractal R4 weighs 27 pounds (12.3kg). The aluminum on the Case Labs while being thick and sturdy is very light. Much more so than comparable steel.

Actually, the Case Labs S5 I have weights only 13 pounds (6kg). The Fractal R4 weighs 27 pounds (12.3kg). The aluminum on the Case Labs while being thick and sturdy is very light. Much more so than comparable steel.

I was always under the impression that Case Labs had heavier cases, but cross-checking some sizes I stand corrected! Even the Merlin SM8 (more directly comparable to the R4) is only 20 lbs or so.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back