Contribute
Register

"best" Hackintosh - Compatibable SSD's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am looking to build a hackintosh for work. I have had various versions of OSX86 running on my various PC's with varying success. I currently have a p67a-gd65 MSI Board and while I could get it running, I also have a 6970 which I couldn't get to function properly. I was also constantly getting kicked to the login screen 0.o

Anyway, I am curious of a few things.

What is the Most compatible Sandy bridge motherboard? One that functions as close to 100% as possible. I will likely go 2600/2700k and OC (if compat allows).

2ndly what are the most OSX86 friendly SSD's? I know some SSD's don't play real nice with Mac's and I assume it is an OSX/Mac Journaled thing. I currently have a Raid-0 Crucial M4 SSD Setup in my PC and I love it.

Next up is GPU. What Newest/midish-end card functions flawlessly on OSX86?

Stability is somewhat important but I love tinkering and will have backup machines so downtime is ok. My goal is performance, with as much compatibility as possible.
I have a 2011 27" i7 iMac at work, and it runs like a pile compared to how even my unstable OSX86 install on my PC runs, I'm fed up with the performance of the overpriced Mac but my work situation requires me to run OSX.

Didja read this?

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/11/ ... uyers.html

There you'll find recommended CustoMac builds by Tony himself.

Using that guide I just built a Pro with parts picked out from there:
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870
Corsair 650W PS
Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM (low profile)
Sony OptiArc DVD
CoolerMaster HAF-X Case

As for hard drives, I have an OCZ Vertex 3 for Windows and an OWC Mercury Extreme 6G for OS X.

Other than some minor problems, it's running fine at 10.7.2. Only thing I haven't been able to figure out is why USB isn't recognized when it wakes from sleep.

clobberator said:
Didja read this?

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/11/ ... uyers.html

There you'll find recommended CustoMac builds by Tony himself.

Using that guide I just built a Pro with parts picked out from there:
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870
Corsair 650W PS
Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM (low profile)
Sony OptiArc DVD
CoolerMaster HAF-X Case

As for hard drives, I have an OCZ Vertex 3 for Windows and an OWC Mercury Extreme 6G for OS X.

Other than some minor problems, it's running fine at 10.7.2. Only thing I haven't been able to figure out is why USB isn't recognized when it wakes from sleep.

i am building pretty much exactly the same box. The 6870 video card is really fast. IE skyrim at max settings with no problem. And if you need more power later, you can SLI it, although maybe that won't work in osx.

Great setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back