CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
HD 4600/GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I currently have a Hackintosh with macOS Sierra, I want to upgrade to Mojave macOS but the Nvidia Drivers are not yet available, I want to edit videos in 4K using Final Cut Pro, I am going to buy an RX 580 to update Mojave and I want to know which one It is the best model that I can buy and that has no problems or failures using UniBeast and MultiBeast.

I wanted to buy an RX Vega 56 or Vega 64 but apparently it has some problems and I'm looking for an easy-to-install graphics card.

If necessary, this is my hackintosh.

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H Z87 (F9)
Intel i7 4790K
NVIDIA Zotac AMP Extreme GTX 980 Ti 6143 MB
32GB Ram Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 1600 MHz

Thanks.

Last edited:
Vega 56 problems are usually only associated with the multi fan after market models. If you buy a reference design or other single fan model they work great in FCPx. With the RX 580 you will need to use your integrated graphics to have h264, h265 functionality, but with the Vega you can disable the IGPU. So in Mojave the Vega cards are better supported.
There is/was a fan speed issue but there is a VGATab utility that solves that now.

RX 580s are a good bargain right now and a lot of the Vega cards are also priced very low. It’s a good time to buy.

Vega 56 problems are usually only associated with the multi fan after market models. If you buy a reference design or other single fan model they work great in FCPx. With the RX 580 you will need to use your integrated graphics to have h264, h265 functionality, but with the Vega you can disable the IGPU. So in Mojave the Vega cards are better supported.
There is/was a fan speed issue but there is a VGATab utility that solves that now.

RX 580s are a good bargain right now and a lot of the Vega cards are also priced very low. It’s a good time to buy.

Thanks for your reply.

I know a person who is selling at good prices AMD Vega 64 because it was used for mining, the graphic cards are Founders of MSI, XFX and Sapphire

What would be the best reference? I want a graphics card that is easy to install "UniBeast and MultiBeast" that has no problems or failures when using hackintosh and Final Cut Pro.

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.

I know a person who is selling at good prices AMD Vega 64 because it was used for mining, the graphic cards are Founders of MSI, XFX and Sapphire

What would be the best reference? I want a graphics card that is easy to install "UniBeast and MultiBeast" that has no problems or failures when using hackintosh and Final Cut Pro.

Thanks.

I have a MSI Vega 56, and a XFX Vega 64 both card work out of box but you will need whatevergreen & Lilu to get all the ports enabled. The Sapphire and the XFX Reference cards are recommended by Apple for use in eGPU.

If Apple recommends Vega 64 Sapphire and XFX, I discard the MSI, what is the best option? Sapphire or XFX? Which one has less problems?

I do not want to have problems with the installation, my native language is not English and sometimes it is difficult to understand tutorials in English.

Thank you very much for your help @Gigamaxx @scottkendall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back