Graphics
EVGA 670 FTW Giggahertz Model x2
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was looking to update to a 670 or 680 but after seeing how they handle computing on pc right now I am get wary of them. I was looking for something that will handle gaming but at the same time will be able to do computing for programs like photoshop and FCP X. I know that Nvidia has been heading away from this for a while but is there a work around with them or just see what what AMD cards will be supported in ML and choose from one of them. No personal preference and I don't care what yours is looking for what will work the ebst for what I do not for other tasks that it will probably never have to do.

I have the 6870 but just not cutting it for the modern games. I know that AMD support was there but barely. This was a month or two before the nvidia line came out. If the 680 and 670 don't have the processing power I'll prob have to choose a 580 or 570 then since they had better processing power but they are still overly priced compared to Kepler.

McTavish said:
As far as I know 7870 and 7850 works fine in MacPro so they also work in that scenario.
There is NO support for the AMD 7xxx cards yet and might never be. Lion 10.7.5 and Mountain Lion should support NVIDIA 6xx cards.

I know this but Netkas did get them working. There is support for the mobile cards and i believe that is where it was working from with basic use. But was the same as 6XX series where it'd boot only with GE=No and no acceleration since the lack of drivers. I can't remember if there was some acceleration for the 7XXX series from the basic code or not but its there for mobile an just depends on what apple decides to go with next. Don't see why they would go with the 6XX series due to the processing power for heavy users but unless apple feels everyone left FCP for adobe (which can use the cud a tech) it seems like a rather dumb move on their part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back