Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Looking for the best GFX card around that is easily compatible with my Hackintosh Mini.

Looked at the Sapphire 5570 but it seems so outdated and its not readily available...anyone have any good easy to manage options?

Do you want one that is simply compatible or one that performs well and is compatible?

Domokun said:
Do you want one that is simply compatible or one that performs well and is compatible?

I'm going to go with the latter

So it needs to be a low profile video card (i.e. you can't use the AMD HD 6870)?

zeeebs said:
Looking for the best GFX card around that is easily compatible with my Hackintosh Mini.

Looked at the Sapphire 5570 but it seems so outdated and its not readily available...anyone have any good easy to manage options?
If you want low profile, single slot, the GT 430 is natively supported in Lion http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130579.

The Sapphire 5570 is supported in Lion with a kext edit.

THe 6570 and 6670 are not natively supported in Lion. There are numerous 6670 threads trying to get it to work. I have the XFX 6670 noted above and it works (even HDMI audio) but not natively meaning some applications crash; its been parked. The working fix (not recommended) is to reflash a 6xxx card to a 5xxx. By AMD definition, a 6570 has less performance than a 5570 (newer is slower).

One last note, the 6870 is the exception as it is supported natively in Lion but the 6870 is lower performance to the 5870, also Lion native.

toleda said:
zeeebs said:

If you want low profile, single slot, the GT 430 is natively supported in Lion http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130579.

The Sapphire 5570 is supported in Lion with a kext edit.

THe 6570 and 6670 are not natively supported in Lion. There are numerous 6670 threads trying to get it to work. I have the XFX 6670 noted above and it works (even HDMI audio) but not natively meaning some applications crash; its been parked. The working fix (not recommended) is to reflash a 6xxx card to a 5xxx. By AMD definition, a 6570 has less performance than a 5570 (newer is slower).

One last note, the 6870 is the exception as it is supported natively in Lion but the 6870 is lower performance to the 5870, also Lion native.

Interesting. I went with this Asus card as it was an amazing deal ($39.99 after MIR)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 570%20auss

There is a thread stating how to get a 6570 to work here
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=41180&hilit=6570

Will most likely require some mild hacking to get it to work otherwise I'll examine some other options. Thanks for all the help gang!

Last question, is there any guide to DSDT editing, i.e. where to insert all these codes, i.e. graphicenabler, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back