Graphics
560 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have the opportunity to sell both of my 6870's for $170 each, but I'm wondering if it's even worth it? They seem to be the best supported cards on the hack as it stands right now. Is there anything better that I've missed? Nvidia's seem to have some issues even after the patching? I wish 10.6.3 came out so we'd see how that changes...

Thoughts anyone?

philz said:
I have the opportunity to sell both of my 6870's for $170 each, but I'm wondering if it's even worth it? They seem to be the best supported cards on the hack as it stands right now. Is there anything better that I've missed? Nvidia's seem to have some issues even after the patching? I wish 10.6.3 came out so we'd see how that changes...

Thoughts anyone?

2 560 ti's running flawless here.....

Hmm what are your cinebench scores if you don't mind me asking? That might be the way I go, bit of a stretch but... Or one 570.

Half reason for this is the only times I'm in windows, AMD has been a horrible monkey to tame and deal with.

They are still worth that money. If you want to downgrade to a earlier model that works as good as these cards, like, for example, a used Sapphire 5770 ($50-70 on ebay), you would still make good money with it. That said if you don't need a 6870's power (or of two of these) then...

Sooner or later, well...the hardware from tomorrow is today's junk. If you catch my drift. ;)

philz said:
Half reason for this is the only times I'm in windows, AMD has been a horrible monkey to tame and deal with.
Having problems with Catalyst, maybe? The most recent one is running okay with my W7U64 and my 6450 and before on my 6850. What problems do you have if I may ask?

shibirian said:
They are still worth that money. If you want to downgrade to a earlier model that works as good as these cards, like, for example, a used Sapphire 5770 ($50-70 on ebay), you would still make good money with it. That said if you don't need a 6870's power (or of two of these) then...

That's what I worried, but I'm probably going to drop by 3x 23 screens for 1 27" dell/apple at some point.
shibirian said:
Having problems with Catalyst, maybe? The most recent one is running okay with my W7U64 and my 6450 and before on my 6850. What problems do you have if I may ask?

Catalyst + Eyefinity + Crossfire = FAIL. Skyrim won't run, it'll only use one GPU. BF3 with crossfire and eyefinty can't even utilized more than 80 % of one GPU and 30% of the other. Each driver version causes panic and changes in consistency. Maybe better BF3 but no Skyrim. I even reinstalled and the latest won't let Metro 2033 run in DX 11, but the benchmark runs fine in DX 11. It's such a horrible mess. I think with one card it's perfectly fine but the peculiarities of my setup screw stuff up.

Not to mention starting to learn Solidworks, and AMD doesn't reload the "workspace" without having to hover over a part/click. Very, Very annoying... Granted a quadro/firepro is best, but they are cost-prohibitive, and pointless imho. My machine is vastly superior to machines my college campus uses for CATIA. Yet they are modeling whole planes and doing aerodynamic flow tests..... CAD is just another beast entirely. (I'm a Graphic Designer...).

I think it's just not as known, how many people have crossfire, and eyefinity?

philz said:
That's what I worried, but I'm probably going to drop by 3x 23 screens for 1 27" dell/apple at some point.
I wouldn't o_O' If I would have the money, I would immerdiately buy me two more TFT's lol.

Catalyst + Eyefinity + Crossfire = FAIL. Skyrim won't run, it'll only use one GPU. BF3 with crossfire and eyefinty can't even utilized more than 80 % of one GPU and 30% of the other. Each driver version causes panic and changes in consistency. Maybe better BF3 but no Skyrim. I even reinstalled and the latest won't let Metro 2033 run in DX 11, but the benchmark runs fine in DX 11. It's such a horrible mess. I think with one card it's perfectly fine but the peculiarities of my setup screw stuff up.
Have you installed the latest Directx 9 & 11 for Windows7? It doesn't come with automatic updates (as far as I know), buy yeah I think it's probably very much the multi-tft setup. Bummers. :(

Not to mention starting to learn Solidworks, and AMD doesn't reload the "workspace" without having to hover over a part/click.
Sounds like an absurd sort of bug. Have you tried a previous version of catalyst? Apart from that, maybe it's a problem with Aero...are you using the "standard" Windows desktop without 3D effects? Maybe that's causing a problem with the CAD software.

I think it's just not as known, how many people have crossfire, and eyefinity?
Not many I reckon. I am a writer/InDesign user, btw. :)

shibirian said:
philz said:
I wouldn't o_O' If I would have the money, I would immerdiately buy me two more TFT's lol.
Well it depends what you do. I found with lion it's problematic to have multi screens. If you use the fullscreen ability of an app your stuck with only your main monitor (my case the one in the middle) the other two show that background you see in mission control. It's not even like you can put stuff off in the sides. It's a pain. Very rarely is it useful, cost wise a 27" is a lot nicer. (I had a 27" last gen iMac for a point of reference)
Have you installed the latest Directx 9 & 11 for Windows7? It doesn't come with automatic updates (as far as I know), buy yeah I think it's probably very much the multi-tft setup. Bummers. :(

Sounds like an absurd sort of bug. Have you tried a previous version of catalyst? Apart from that, maybe it's a problem with Aero...are you using the "standard" Windows desktop without 3D effects? Maybe that's causing a problem with the CAD software.

Not many I reckon. I am a writer/InDesign user, btw. :)

Simply put new games don't work unless you have the latest beta of a driver. It's bad. Very bad. it's not an aero issue, it's just bad... lol

Anyone know about these 448 core GTX 560 ti's? Any success? they are just gimped 570's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back