Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi There,

I'm planing to build my first Hackintosh build, and I'm very thankful for this Forum. I'm only a little confused because of the big variety of Mainboards. So which Mainboard (Ivy Bridge, i7 3770K) would you recommend me to by in April 2013? Which Mainboard is the best supported by ML 10.8.3 and doesn't need to many tweaks and workarounds?

Thank you in advance

No need for so much confusion. Start to narrow the board choices down based on your individual needs and your budget.

Start with:

1. What size case are you planning to use? ATX in a mid-tower? microATX setup in a mini-tower or cube or desktop style case? A very small system in a miniITX case? Choose from the type of motherboard that fits your needs- obviously if you want a very small machine you're not going to be looking at ATX motherboards.

2. Do you plan to overclock your CPU or not? How much RAM capacity do you want? Need certain amount of PCIe slots for add-on cards? Number of 6GB/s SATA ports? Need for internal Wifi? Plan to use onboard video or a graphic card? Your answers for yourself to these considerations will help narrow your choices of motherboards, since all motherboards feature different capacities for the above.

3. What do you actually plan to do with the machine? General use, or a specific task, like say audio or video editing? Look for other builds by users happily using their machines that are based on a specific use you may have in mind.

4. If you plan to spend let's say $500 on a build, then your choices are going to be more limited than if you plan to spend $1500. You probably won't get a $280 motherboard with a $500 budget, but you might for a $1500 build.

5. Once you figure out your needs, and the type of board best suited to it, then pick your board of that type from the Buyer's guide. Or look at user-builds and see what motherboards others are using for similar needs as yours. Indentify a good candidate for you (or several to choose between) and then look for user-guides for what's involved with that motherboard for installing OSX. All Hackintoshes require some 'tweaks' in the form of kexts and settings installed by MultiBeast, but there are many boards that don't require any real fiddling and tweaking afterwards. You can easily find which ones based on what suits your own needs.

The best way to get good advice on this is to narrow down your choices based on above, and then start putting together your first build list of parts for your specific needs and getting feedback on your choices. You'll probably change a few things before you're satisfied with the list, which is good because people narrow down to what really will work best for them.

It's more difficult to suggest hardware for you without knowing a thing about what your actual needs are.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back