Contribute
Register

Best Budget Intel Motherboard for music and video production i5/i7/i9 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure, Who ever has the best deal.
Amazon.com has 127 Vision G boards (new) in stock for $239.99 each. It's the best price you'll find. A board that should meet all your requirements and be fully macOS compatible.

They won't last forever either. The D version is already impossible to get new. Don't wait too long.

Amazon.com has 127 Vision G boards (new) in stock for $239.99 each. It's the best price you'll find. A board that should meet all your requirements and be fully macOS compatible.

They won't last forever either. The D version is already impossible to get new. Don't wait too long.

Yeah, The G with thunderbolt is actually the one I want. Do you think they will get any soon ?
So many versions of the Gigabyte Vision motherboards to choose from.
Which one is best for my build ?

Yeah, The G with thunderbolt is actually the one I want. Do you think they will get any soon ?
You are somewhat "late to the party" as they say. Gigabyte won't be making any new ones as they now are selling the Z590 version. Don't expect to find a Z490 Vision D new anytime soon. Unless some seller is hoarding them. If so they will be asking many times normal retail and you won't be able to afford one then. I wouldn't risk buying a used one with no return rights either.

If you have to have thunderbolt 3 you can add that in with an 89 dollar Gigabyte Titan ridge card. I don't usually associate the term "budget" with a TH3 motherboard but that seems to be what you are hoping for.

Which one of these z590 boards have support for Audio, Ethernet and Wifi in OSX ?

Which one of these z590 boards have support for Audio, Ethernet and Wifi in OSX ?
I wouldn't recommend Z590 chipset boards. If you want to go that route, I have no advice for you.

I wouldn't recommend Z590 chipset boards. If you want to go that route, I have no advice for you.
What are the pros and cons of z490 vs z590 vs B550 vs B450 ?

What are the pros and cons of z490 vs z590 vs B550 vs B450 ?
Best if you do your own research, plenty of sites offer these kind of evaluations and only you know your true budget and software requirements. Once you make your decision then come back here to find out about compatibility.

Should I wait for the next release of Intel CPU which is suppose to have more cores ?
Because I really want to Vision G board but it is out of stock or to expensive right now.
Yes, I want a motherboard loaded with the latest technology.
by budget I mean under $300
Not my understanding of "budget", but that works out well for you…

Forget about "latest technology". Apple is dropping Intel CPUs. The last fully supported combination is 10th generation on 400-series, which is already the previous generation. Buy what you can find now, 10th gen. or older.
If Thunderbolt is also a requirement, beware that it takes 4 PCIe lanes—and the Vision D has to take them from somewhere, it cannot be a Vision G with one more feature but nothing less.

500-series has no iGPU support whatsoever, even with 10th gen. CPU (that may seem of little relevance for you, but a GT7xx is really no better than an UHD 630 iGPU, so if you're also looking for a dGPU you have to factor it in your costs or go iGPU after all). Hackintoshing on 500-series is also less polished and has less support than 400-series.

Do not even think about next generation Alder Lake. "No iGPU" is already baked in. It may not work at all due to the hybrid architecture. If it does, scheduling will be sub-optimal. And then, there's the instruction set…
Intel has added AVX and AVX2 to the Gracemont efficiency core but dropped AVX-512 from the desktop Golden Cove cores (only Sapphire Rapids Xeons will get Golden Cove with AVX-512). The last supported Core CPUs had AVX-512. The iGPU-less SMBIOSes iMacPro1,1 and MacPro7,1 have AVX-512. This means that, if Alder Lake can be made to work, probably with id-spoofing and kernel patches (and that's a significant "if"), it will run into the same issues as Ryzen and suffer the same limitations as Ryzen: AVX-aware applications (of relevance to you, I guess) will crash when calling their AVX-512 code.
I see little point in having the latest and greatest Intel CPU to browse the web and run office applications but not (or with limitations) Photoshop, Lightroom, DaVinci Resolve, etc.

optimally PCIe x8 for a LSI 2008 or 3008… but are SAS adapters even supported by OS X?
Answering my own question: At least the LSI 2008 is supported, which is amazing considering that through all the years of the "trashcan" MacPro Apple has not offered any real Mac which hold such cards! (I've learned something today. :))

@Hamburgler-03 I suggest you now think hard and think fast about what you really need because your requirement list is rather long, may not be an easy fit in consumer platforms and suitable high-end boards are running out. Or you have to go X299/C422, which is more expensive and offer limited choice to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back