Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey,

I just want to know, what's the best BackUp Solution for a hackintosh?

Earlier on my Mac I used TimeMachine to do backups. But will TimeMachine works fine for my Hackintosh too?

I mean. If my Hackintosh crashes and I can't get into it again. Can I restore from a backUp using timemachine and everything will work like before? Bootloader? Patched Audio ETC?

Or do you guys think CarbonCopyCloner will be a better solution?

Tell me pro/contra pls :)

I would recommend SuperDuper or CCC as a second form of backup. I also use TM for all my data, but once a month, I make a bootable Clone of my system drive and replace the last one saved with it. In SuperDuper, you can do as "smart backup" to time machine. it will make a bootable section, while still maintaining your system files and allowing you to continue to use time machine as norma. Now if you have another system drive you could do the same to that, if you prefer to leave your time machine drive alone. Your going to have to do a "smart backup" to whatever drive you choose as it will erase the target drive before making the clone if you dont.. Sorry, not that familiar with CCC.. If you are booting via Clover, you want to make sure you separately back up your EFI Folder as SuperDuper and CCC both do not backup the EFI partitions..

Hope this helps :thumbup:

Thank you for ur answer.

Does SuperDuper BackUp kext? :) That is my last question.

It will backup most everything including kexts that are on the system, the only ones, like I said that wouldnt be backed up are the ones on the EFI partition, if you were booting via Clover

Yes I'm booting with clover since Chimera isn't working. Isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back