EVGA nvidia 9800GTX 512mb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello to all!

I quite accidentally bent my ga-ep45-ds3r's (LGA 775) cpu socket pins. The way in which it happened is a bit embarrassing. I pulled the old cpu out in order to replace it with a newer and better one and a screwdriver that was hovering on the side of my computer case fell in and bent the pins. I am pretty upset with myself because I take pride in the amount of care that I (usually) take when working inside of a computer or any other piece of electronic equipment. Life goes on, though...

I had it running Yosemite almost perfectly, and despite the fact that I used the Chameleon boot-loader, I seemed to be able to access the app store without issue. The only two issues that I had were sleep/shutdown (which I think I was narrowing in on), and using iMessage.

I already have 8 gigs of DDR 2 ram, and a Core2Quad 9550 cpu, which is right up there near the top of the list for best Core2Quad processors released (as far as I know). Both the ram and the processor are just fine for a secondary computer. My kids are young and aren't heavy gamers. I don't want to build a whole new system - just replace the motherboard.

Can anybody recommend which motherboard (and revision) is best for an easy(er) vanilla install? Since beginning hackintoshing I have always used gigabyte, but if someone is aware of an easier/better/cheaper board, please let me know. It would also be really handy if an already available and working DSDT was available for the board. Man, that would be nice. Perhaps I am dreaming...

I would ideally like to run Yosemite, but I have to honestly say that I am a complete NEWB when it comes to clover. Is there perhaps a board that will allow me access to iMessage, iCloud, App Store, and anything else? I haven't heard of any of the newer UEFI boards accommodating LGA 775 cpus.

Any an all help would/will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Namidar

Hey,

Thanks for the quick reply. it is muchly appreciated, I will look into it.

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back