i9-9900
Graphics
RX 6650 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I performed my initial hackintosh in 2019 using Clover 4920 and Mojave.
I understand that Cliver 4920 is a very very old version and with no easy upgrade procedure

I now need to upgrade the OS for both software (update office application) and hardware (consider improving GPU).

Is there a simple process to upgrade such an old version of Clover ?
Or should I better switch to OpenCore ? or completly reinstall the system with a fresh installation (directly in big sur?) ?

Any advice are more than welcome :)

Is there a simple process to upgrade such an old version of Clover ?
Not really.

In the newer versions of Clover the folder structure has changed, make sure that you have all of your drivers in the new location. /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI.

There is also the addition of a Quirks section in the config.plist which means that you cannot just take your old config.plist and use it with newer versions of Clover.

Rather than learning the newer variations of Clover which incorporate elements of the OpenCore boot loader, it would be advantageous to switch to OpenCore now which is better documented/supported.

Not really.

In the newer versions of Clover the folder structure has changed, make sure that you have all of your drivers in the new location. /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI.

There is also the addition of a Quirks section in the config.plist which means that you cannot just take your old config.plist and use it with newer versions of Clover.

Rather than learning the newer variations of Clover which incorporate elements of the OpenCore boot loader, it would be advantageous to switch to OpenCore now which is better documented/supported.
thank you
Do you know if the Dortania guide for converting Clover (https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Install-Guide/tree/master/clover-conversion if I am not wrong) would also apply with such an old Clover ?

in that case, do you have any recommandation, guide or something I should follow ?
Use the forum Search tool to see if someone has posted a guide using components similar to your own.

Or :

I am finally going to a fresh instal with OpenCore and Monterey.
Install boot starts but then immediately goes to screen that asks me to switch on or off the magic mouse or the trackpad (picture bellow) and nothing I can to on keybord, no message
1655753476927.png

Anyone has an idea ?

Anyone has an idea ?
Press the spacebar on the keyboard.

Try different USB ports for the keyboard/mouse.

You should do this :

... but it doesn't work in Monterey, try installing Catalina and then map your USB ports before installing Monterey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back