Contribute
Register

Benchmarks for Unreleased Ivy Bridge Macs: iMac13,2 MBP 9,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
flaminio said:
dta said:
flaminio said:
Why is the MacBook Pro testing so much higher than that iMac, particularly the memory?

MacBook Pro was tested with 8GB, iMac with 4GB. CPU scores are higher on the iMac model.

I am getting about the same results with my new hack (i7 3770K, 16GB DDR3-1600), but mine are actually a bit higher, about 13200.

After I posted I noticed that. Mine is actually a little higher at ~13500. Basically that iMac CPU is about 8-9% faster integer and FPU than the current gen. Not too bad. Bumping up to 1600 MHz RAM should help too make an otherwise uninteresting desktop upgrade more appealing.

Have you tried over clocking your 3770?

Yes, I'm currently running it at 4,2 Ghz, which is handled perfectly fine. Could be going higher easily, but haven't had the time to test. I am getting about 15400 points in geekbench with this over clock.

dta said:
Yes, I'm currently running it at 4,2 Ghz, which is handled perfectly fine. Could be going higher easily, but haven't had the time to test. I am getting about 15400 points in geekbench with this over clock.

I've tried changing the CPU multiplier, but it doesn't seem to affect Geekbench scores.

When Gigabyte create a motherboard mini ITX with Z77 similar to Z77X-UD5H.

valkeriefire said:
I wish those screen shots told us what GPU is in the new macs. I want to build a new system and would prefer a gtx670 or 7870, hopefully the new macs will support one of those.

I hope the rumor for GTX 680 is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back