Not open for further replies.
Hope I did it right

Attachments

• lspci.log
    1.9 KB · Views: 89
  • clover.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 67
Hope I did it right

Things check out. I've made a few changes to my BRIX repo. You should be able to use it as written in my BRIX guide.

There might be an issue with USB. Current SSDT-USB.dsl is optimized for the BRIX-s with 8086_9xxx. Yours will need customization for 8086_8xxx. Use kernel flag -uia_exclude_hs to avoid running into the port limit. Then we can test your USB ports to determine the ports used (likely the same as the BRIX-s).

And there could be an issue with audio. Not sure if your audio codec is ALC269 or not...

Note: Your EFI/Clover/kexts is not per-guide. And my guide uses OsxAptioFix, not OsxAptioFix2.

By the way, I was considering getting the BRIX 4700R. What is the fan noise like with normal light usage? (eg. not stressing the CPU, just normal web browsing/etc). I guess you'll find out more when you get 10.11 installed properly.

OK, I will try this next weekend :cool:
By the way, I was considering getting the BRIX 4700R. What is the fan noise like with normal light usage? (eg. not stressing the CPU, just normal web browsing/etc). I guess you'll find out more when you get 10.11 installed properly.
I have another SSD with Windows 10 in this machine, in normal operations like editing, internet surfing you will not notice the fan. In moderate load situations like software compile or startup of larger applications the fan noise is like the fan in a standard notebook but more "nervous". An under full load with all 8 threads active it is like a hairdryer ...

OK, I will try this next weekend :cool:

I have another SSD with Windows 10 in this machine, in normal operations like editing, internet surfing you will not notice the fan. In moderate load situations like software compile or startup of larger applications the fan noise is like the fan in a standard notebook but more "nervous". An under full load with all 8 threads active it is like a hairdryer ...

Thanks for the info on the fan/noise.

Note: Under an assumption the USB configuration is likely to be similar, made some additions to SSDT-USB.dsl to account for the likely USB configuration of the BRIX-4770R.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back