4770R
Graphics
4770R
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi folks
I am a hackintosh newbie, but I was an Apple ][ user since 1981 and a reborn Mac user since mid 2014. In a few days a I will receive a Gigabyte Brix Pro i7-4470R and I will try to install OSX El Capitan on it. I've read a lot of threads here and I'm suffering from a kind of information overload :).
So I have some questions.

Which installation guide do recommend for El Capitan on the Brix Pro?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...uide-gigabyte-brix-brix-pro-using-clover.html oder the more generic http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html?

I my understanding, the integrated wifi/bluetooth card is not supported, I have no need for wifi, so can I use the ethernetport?
I have a spare Magic Mouse. do I have to use an extra bluetooth card? Are there any recommendations?
Can I use any USB keyboard or is an original apple keyboard (MB110) better for use?

Regards
Michael

Hi folks
I am a hackintosh newbie, but I was an Apple ][ user since 1981 and a reborn Mac user since mid 2014. In a few days a I will receive a Gigabyte Brix Pro i7-4470R and I will try to install OSX El Capitan on it. I've read a lot of threads here and I'm suffering from a kind of information overload :).
So I have some questions.

Which installation guide do recommend for El Capitan on the Brix Pro?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...uide-gigabyte-brix-brix-pro-using-clover.html oder the more generic http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html?

I my understanding, the integrated wifi/bluetooth card is not supported, I have no need for wifi, so can I use the ethernetport?
I have a spare Magic Mouse. do I have to use an extra bluetooth card? Are there any recommendations?
Can I use any USB keyboard or is an original apple keyboard (MB110) better for use?

Regards
Michael

You might try my guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...brix-s-using-clover-uefi-gb-bxi5h-4200-a.html

The techniques in my config.plist and related SSDTs are somewhat general and may be applicable to other BRIX/NUC models.

Depending on how far you get...

Post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting).

An audio codec dump from Linux (or just confirmation it is ALC269) would be nice to...

My first try was not very successful :(
I've managed to boot from the USB drive and I saw the Apple Logo and a moving progressbar, but progress bar got slower and slower and finally got stuck at 100%. I already discovered the -v switch and the process hangs after detecting the ethernet.
Is it possible to write the log to the USB for post mortem analysis?
Unibeast asks for including HD3000 graphics, should I do this?
Should I remove the Wifi/BT card?

My first try was not very successful :(
I've managed to boot from the USB drive and I saw the Apple Logo and a moving progressbar, but progress bar got slower and slower and finally got stuck at 100%. I already discovered the -v switch and the process hangs after detecting the ethernet.
Is it possible to write the log to the USB for post mortem analysis?
Unibeast asks for including HD3000 graphics, should I do this?
Should I remove the Wifi/BT card?

It sounds like you didn't follow the guide.

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Boot verbose, show photo.

Short update :)
I did verbose boot and after a short while the OSX installation screen appears. After successful installation and Multibeast configuration OSX El Capitan boots from the system drive :)
Networking system to work, I haven't check audio, bluetooth etc. yet.

Now I will follow your guide :)

Short update :)
I did verbose boot and after a short while the OSX installation screen appears. After successful installation and Multibeast configuration OSX El Capitan boots from the system drive :)
Networking system to work, I haven't check audio, bluetooth etc. yet.

Now I will follow your guide :)

When you get a chance...

Post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

When you get a chance...

Post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.
Sorry, I don't understand, could could please be more specific?
When should I press F4? When I do it at the Clover "Boot menu" (hope this is the right term) nothing happens ...

Sorry, I don't understand, could could please be more specific?
When should I press F4? When I do it at the Clover "Boot menu" (hope this is the right term) nothing happens ...

You press F4 at the main Clover screen (before hitting Enter).

Maybe I'm completely wrong, but nothing happens when I press F4.
But I 'veattached output from lspci and dmesg from a CentOS Live CD on this system.

Attachments

• lspci.log
    1.6 KB · Views: 102
  • dmesg.log
    84.3 KB · Views: 111
Maybe I'm completely wrong, but nothing happens when I press F4.

You will not see anything on screen, but Clover will write files to EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.

Note: "lspci -nn" provides more complete information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back