Graphics
GT1030
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys!
So I am Sorry if I am asking any real dumb questions here but I am completely new to Hackintoshes.
So I started following this tutorial: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

On my MacbookPro (still running ElCapitan, NOT Sierra, if that makes any difference) I downloaded the Sierra Installer from the AppStore.
I then also downloaded the newest version of UniBeast, formatted my 64GB USB3.0 thumb drive accordingly and copied Sierra onto it via UniBeast (UEFI Boot Mode, no injected graphics drivers). At first I got a random UniBeast error, but after reformating it again and just running UniBeast again, it worked. :)

I left my Z77 BIOS pretty much on default (newest BIOS Version 2.80), and after fiddling around with my USB connections (couldn't get my USB keyboard and mouse to work on the Sierra install screen) I could begin installing.

I am trying to install Sierra on a Samsung SSD840, freshly formatted via disk utility to full 256GB OSX Extended Journaled with GUID Partition Table.
I also have a 750GB HD with NTFS format in my system, should I maybe unplug it?

The install process starts but already after like 30 seconds, an installer error occurs, saying "macOS could not be installed on your computer - An error occurred ...". I am a little bit lost now on what to do ... is my hardware too old for Sierra? Do I need to copy any files onto the thumb drive before installing?

I hope you guys can help and get me on the right track on what to do! :)

Thanks a bunch in advance,
best, Patrick

PS: If installing ElCapitan instead of Sierra works better, of course I am fine with that! I don't necessarily need Sierra.

The install process starts but already after like 30 seconds, an installer error occurs, saying "macOS could not be installed on your computer - An error occurred ..."
The error message tells you why, what does it say ?

here is a screenshot:
djzvx9dum0gd7mm04.jpg

Guys any ideas on this?! :)
I am completely lost here ... please help out a hackintosh noob like me! :D :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back