Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,

In an attempt to fix a working Hackintosh that no longer boots into a once-working partition, I'm reinstalling OS X on another partition. I've installed Snow Leopard on this with my old retail install DVD, following the tonymacx86 instructions here. I'm now following the instructions for upgrading to Lion using xMove. I've reached step 4 of these and rebooted into the new 'Installer' partition creating with xMove. However whenever I do this I get a perpetual beachball freeze on the boot screen with an Apple logo.

So my question is how I can fix this, and how I can get a working Lion system again?

Thanks!
Tom

Hi all,

In an attempt to fix a working Hackintosh that no longer boots into a once-working partition, I'm reinstalling OS X on another partition. I've installed Snow Leopard on this with my old retail install DVD, following the tonymacx86 instructions here. I'm now following the instructions for upgrading to Lion using xMove. I've reached step 4 of these and rebooted into the new 'Installer' partition creating with xMove. However whenever I do this I get a perpetual beachball freeze on the boot screen with an Apple logo.

So my question is how I can fix this, and how I can get a working Lion system again?

Thanks!
Tom

boot with -v and post pic of screen where it stops.

could also try with -v -x -f

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back