Contribute
Register

BCM_4350C2 Bluetooth USB dongle on Ventura possible?

Motherboard
ASRock H610M-HDV
CPU
i5-12400F
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

i am trying to get a BCM_4350C2 Bluetooth dongle (USB) to work in a Ventura Hackintosh using BlueToolFixup.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext.
the issue is, that i kind of finds a bluetooth chip, but is not able to activate bluetooth in the os:

here its stuck:
Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-08 um 08.58.49.png

this is how the Kexts look like:

Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-08 um 08.59.30.png

and here is systemprofiler USB:
Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-08 um 09.01.58.png

and bluetooth:

Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-08 um 09.02.23.png

looks kind of ok except the Bluetooth MAC address...

What am i missing here? is there a known bug or something?

Any help would be awesome!! Thanks a lot!

You are using a Cambridge Silicon Radio (CSR) Bluetooth dongle not a dongle with a Broadcom (BCM) Chip. The Bluetooth shows as BCM_4350C2 because of BlueToolFixup.kext, i.e. it is using a fake ID. The CSR dongle isn’t listed as a supported device on the BrcmPatchRam GitHub page. So your use do this kext and any other Broadcom kexts is not going to work.

CSR BT dongles worked in older versions of macOS, but lost support with the release of Big Sur or Monterey, can’t recall when exactly.

If you remove/disable the Bluetooth kexts it might work, it should at least show the correct device details in the Bluetooth report, to match the USB report in System Information.

Uff you are so right... how stupid.
Sorry for wasting you time. And thanks for helping out. Just ordered a Broadcom USB Bluetooth dongle!

Cheers

Back