Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> BCM94360Z3 BCM94360Z4 for mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
The connectors on the WiFi card need to match the connectors on the ends of the new aerials, otherwise the won’t connect. The aerial connnectors come in a number of different sizes. So you need to match them carefully.

No I don’t think your WiFi card lacking the correct number of aerials is the cause of the OS freezing.

If you physically remove the WiFi card does the freezing occur?
Got it.

So, I tried insulating two connector pins from the key(as suggested by daliansky in his blog, translated to me in English by a telegram user).

The Red Lines Indicate the Pins I've to Insulate:
1643214138684.jpeg

The insulation which I did:
1643214254433.jpeg

And now freezing does not occur if connect to a wifi network, it connects and the internet works. But, if click on the airdrop icon on the finder window, freezing occurs. Also, Bluetooth is not detected.

There are four ports, namely J0, J1, J2 and J3 but I've got only two cables, one is white and the other is black. In which of these ports should I insert the cables(temporarily, before I get my other two cables delivered) so that I can use Bluetooth, Airdrop, Continuity and the other nice stuff.

No, previously freezing did not occur when I removed the wifi card.

For Bluetooth to work, you need to have an aerial connected to the J3 connector.

The other three (J0, J1 & J2) are for the WiFi (3 x 3).

I am not sure you will get full WiFi and Bluetooth if your connect your current aerials to J0 and J3, but it may work in a limited fashion. For full WiFi speed/connection you need to have internal aerials connected to J1 and J2 as well as J0.

For Bluetooth to work, you need to have an aerial connected to the J3 connector.

The other three (J0, J1 & J2) are for the WiFi (3 x 3).

I am not sure you will get full WiFi and Bluetooth if your connect your current aerials to J0 and J3, but it may work in a limited fashion. For full WiFi speed/connection you need to have internal aerials connected to J1 and J2 as well as J0.
So I did what you told and now Bluetooth works, so Airdrop, Continuity, SideCar etc. works fine. The only problem is Bluetooth is not detected at first when the laptop is just booted into MacOS. It is only dectected when I put it into sleep and then Bluetooth magically appears and works.
My USB ports are also not detected, only after sleep they are getting detected.

Edit: What was causing the Bluetooth problem was, I had added BrcmBluetoothinjector.kext as well, which is for Big Sur and lower, everything works fine now.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back