GTX 960
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've understood this card, 4360HMB, to be OOB compatible with El Capitan. However, when I plugged it in and booted, no wifi icon appeared in the top right. This card is plugged into a mini PCIe to PCIe X1 adapter. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 with an Intel 4690K.

Using DPCI Manager, my system is aware of this card and correctly identifies it as 14E4 43A0, but that's the only good news...

Can anyone shed any light on what I'm doing wrong?

I've understood this card, 4360HMB, to be OOB compatible with El Capitan. However, when I plugged it in and booted, no wifi icon appeared in the top right. This card is plugged into a mini PCIe to PCIe X1 adapter. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 with an Intel 4690K.

Using DPCI Manager, my system is aware of this card and correctly identifies it as 14E4 43A0, but that's the only good news...

Can anyone shed any light on what I'm doing wrong?

What do you see when you go SysPrefs->Network->[+]
??

Well, that went better than expected. I was booting to the hard drive's Clover 3320 to then boot to the USB and it never worked. I then suspected that booting to the USB drive's version of Clover 3423 would fix my problems. (It did.) I reinstalled the OS disappointed that everything was going to get wiped; I had forgotten that the system is separate from user files! Booted into my still-intact user account using dart=0 and nv_disable=1 to see that WiFi works!

Unfortunately, now my graphics card isn't operating correctly. I was one of those guys that mistakenly set my system definition to MacPro6,1 without knowing the implications. I've understood that throws graphics cards off. Originally, I got my GTX 960 to work using ADGPfix. Ran it again this time and it's still not working. Can I simply re-run Multibeast to reset my definition to iMac##,#? If so, which do you recommend?

EDIT #1: Removed image that was accidentally posted.

EDIT #2: I was originally on 10.11.2 and am currently on 10.11.5. Before I posted, Nvidia drivers were successfully updated to 346.03.10f01 which is specific to .5.

UPDATE #1: My issue is exactly as described in Problem 4 of this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

I've already used ADGPfix which didn't change anything. Strange thing is that when I boot with nv_disable=1, About this Mac shows my graphics card model correctly but with 0MB. My computer sees the card which is confusing because that doesn't quite match what I understand about what caused "Problem 4."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back