i7-3632QM/HM76
Graphics
HD 7670M, HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,
To get WiFi+BT working on my 10.13.6 Hackintosh I bought a BCM94360HMB/AzureWave AW-CB160H and followed the guide on https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/broadcom-wifi-bluetooth-guide.242423/#post-1664577, but I can't get BT working: WiFi is working perfectly, Bluetooth shows up on System Hardware and I can turn it on/off but I don't see any device.
The device should have ID 14e4:43a0 but under System Hardware it appears as 0b05:180a with BCM20702A0 as name.
I don't understand if it's a problem of kexts/software or if it's because I've connected only 2 antennas (on Main/Aux) out of three, but I think that 3 antennas are only for tri-band wifi and not for Bluetooth (it should be directly on the chip).
In the zip file I've attached you can find all the files for problem reporting, ask me if anything is missing.
Thank you

Attachments

• problem_reporting.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 174
o get WiFi+BT working on my 10.13.6 Hackintosh I bought a BCM94360HMB/AzureWave AW-CB160H and followed the guide on https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/broadcom-wifi-bluetooth-guide.242423/#post-1664577, but I can't get BT working: WiFi is working perfectly, Bluetooth shows up on System Hardware and I can turn it on/off but I don't see any device.

Your ioreg shows BT working.
The device should have ID 14e4:43a0

No. That is WiFi, not BT.
I don't understand if it's a problem of kexts/software or if it's because I've connected only 2 antennas (on Main/Aux) out of three,

Test your hardware/installation in Windows.
You likely need to connect all antennas. Radios don't work very well without antennas.

Hi RehabMan, first of all thank you for your reply.
You likely need to connect all antennas. Radios don't work very well without antennas.
I tried connecting an antenna to another pin in the card, and I had bluetooth working, not very well but now I'm sure that I have to install a third antenna, so there's no problem in my kext configuration.
Maybe this is also the cause why WiFi sometimes has a low speed?
I was thinking of buying this one https://www.amazon.it/dp/B0777GLXM7/?tag=tonymacx86com-21, (I'm sorry, it's in the Italian store), if someone has a better one to recommend I'd really appreciate.

Maybe this is also the cause why WiFi sometimes has a low speed?

In what scenarios do you have slow WiFi?
If after sleep/wake, perhaps you forgot to disable "Wake for network access" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver.

It's slow even when I simply turn on the pc, but we'll see with a third antenna

What specifically is slow?

Note: Neglecting to connect all required antennas is a mistake.

What specifically is slow?
Hi RehabMan, I had a few tests, and now I realised that it has only poor reception, because if I move close to the AP I have full bandwidth. I think that it's because of the missing antenna.
Neglecting to connect all required antennas is a mistake.
You're not wrong, but my laptop only had two antennas, so I ordered a new one and it will arrive in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back