CPU
i7-2600
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a BCM94360CS2 card with an adapter and antennas (links attached). However, the wifi speeds are abysmally slow, down to .3 mbps. My antennas are attached firmly, and the pigtails are fully on the actual card. My Macbook air 2015 (using the same card) gets around 19 mpbs in the same room.

Is there anything in particular that could be causing this issue? I'm stumped! Bluetooth also is a little funky, when I am heavily using the bandwidth on my card, or uploading something, my apple wireless mouse starts lagging, almost like the bluetooth connection is being bogged down! There is some sort of cross interference I'm assuming.

My router is set to auto for the channel, and 2.4 ghz for the band. When I connect to my iPhone wifi hotspot I get the max speed that my carrier will allow (3 mbps) but that's not really going to cut it for downloading files.

Any suggestions on how to improve my speeds would be appreciated! I haven't really tested it out in other rooms yet, that's my next step.

Attachments

• 2-x-6dBi-Dual-Band-M-2-IPEX-MHF4-U-fl-Cable-to-RP-SMA-Wifi.jpg_640x640.jpg
    2-x-6dBi-Dual-Band-M-2-IPEX-MHF4-U-fl-Cable-to-RP-SMA-Wifi.jpg_640x640.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 65
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 85
Use 5 GHz if possible, Bluetooth (and other things) interferes with 2.4 GHz.

Holy smokes that fixed that lag and the speed! I'm back to normal and my bluetooth doesn't lag down! Who would've known one little setting could screw that over?

Thanks so much Pilgrim!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 8.27.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 8.27.15 PM.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 118
Holy smokes that fixed that lag and the speed! I'm back to normal and my bluetooth doesn't lag down! Who would've known one little setting could screw that over?

Thanks so much Pilgrim!
Hello, how did you solve the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back