Register

BCM94360CS2 No Network available

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
Intel Core i9 10900K
Graphics
Radeon RX 6800XT
Hey folks, so I put together my Hackintosh at the end of 2021 and got myself a PCI adapter for my BCM94360CS2. I extracted that from an old machine I had lying around. Everything was running smooth, except for a slightly unstable Bluetooth connection. But then, it stopped finding any networks one day, so I just switched to a LAN connection instead of dealing with a new WiFi chip.

Fast forward to last week, I decided to move my machine to a different room, and a LAN connection wasn't an option. Ordered a new PCI WiFi card with BCM94360CS2 from Amazon. Turned up the computer, and guess what? Same old problem. Tried different PCI slots, but no luck. So, I thought, why not get a standalone BCM94360CS2 chip? Swapped it onto my old PCI adapter, but nope, still the same problem.

Booted into Windows, there are networks available, albeit with a unstable connection. Played around with the antenna, found a sweet spot for signal strength, but no networks on macOS. Running Ventura right now. Anything I might be missing? System reports show the WiFi is recognized correctly. Any ideas or tricks to try out?

Give me a shout if you need more details. Cheers!

Last edited:
Not really sure what is going on with your WiFi/BT card, so I have a few questions:
  1. Which type of adapter do you have the BCM94360CS2 card mounted on?
    1. Is it connected via an M.2 connector/adapter?
      1. Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 20.46.43.png
      2. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Annadue-Fr...r-Hackintosh/dp/B09B9YR4L2/?tag=tonymacx86-21
    2. Is it connected vis a PCIe x1 adapter?
      1. Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 20.38.27.png
    3. Do you have a USB cable from the PCIe adapter connected to a spare USB internal header port, so the Bluetooth module works?
      1. Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 20.38.43.png
      2. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Broadcom-B...verter-Black/dp/B0BC4G1ZWW/?tag=tonymacx86-21
I have provided links to a couple of different types of WiFi adapter, based on what I am currently using with my Broadcom WiFi/BT cards running macOS Ventura or older.

You might want to read this guide regarding poor single strength.

All my Hack's running Sonoma use Intel AX210NGW WiFi/BT cards as I refuse to use the OCLP Root Patches.

Back