Contribute
Register

BCM94360CDAX, Cant Enable Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-A GAMING (BIOS 2701)
CPU
i7-11700K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I recently purchased a BCM94360CDAX and PCI-E PCI Express Adapter to replace my BCM943225HMB pci card and adaptor. I wanted bluetooth 4.0. I have confirmed both the wireless and bluetooth work in Windows and Linux. Using tolda's plist patch, I enabled bluetooth in MacOS by editing the plist of the vanilla kext. However when I try to turn on wifi under preferences, I can't. When I click the turn-on button nothing happens. I have tried removing the wifi entry and re-adding it, but it makes no difference. I have also tried disabling and reenabling en2 from the terminal; no difference. In IORegistryExplorer, I have confirmed the IONameMacthed entry for the card is pci14e4,43a0, therefore shouldn't the card work by default because this entry is included in the AirPortBrcm4360.kext within IO80211Family.kext. I have confirmed the pci14e4,43a0 entry is in the vanilla AirPortBrcm4360.kext Under System Information it sees the card as en2 with the following information.

en2:
Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x136)
Firmware Version: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.21.171.68.1a5)
MAC Address: ac:7f:3e:f3:1d:97
Locale: FCC
Country Code: X0
Wake On Wireless: Supported
AirDrop: Supported
AirDrop Channel: 0
Auto Unlock: Supported

I have attached a copy of my IOReg and I am running Sierra 10.12.3. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• Winthryth’s iMac.ioreg
    4.9 MB · Views: 232
No I didn't. However it was related to the country code being X0 which means it wasn't a standard card. Something about that means MacOS refuses to recognize and use it. There may be a solution, but i never found it.

Thanks for the quick response. Did Bluetooth work on yours out of the box like it did for me?
Unfortunately I don't remember, it was a year ago and I now use a AW-CE123H. Is your card also the BCM94360CDAX or BCM94360CD. Because unless you have the BCM94360CDAX, I doubt your problem is related to mine.

Unfortunately I don't remember, it was a year ago and I now use a AW-CE123H. Is your card also the BCM94360CDAX or BCM94360CD. Because unless you have the BCM94360CDAX, I doubt your problem is related to mine.

Mine is this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/282015385309

It says it's the BCM94360CD in the title and on the sticker on the front, but the photo of the back of the card shows BCM94360CDAX printed directly on the card.

EDIT: All of the photos of the back of the BCM94360CD card I could find have BCM94360CDAX printed on it.

Last edited:
Mine is this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/282015385309

It says it's the BCM94360CD in the title and on the sticker on the front, but the photo of the back of the card shows BCM94360CDAX printed directly on the card.

EDIT: All of the photos of the back of the BCM94360CD card I could find have BCM94360CDAX printed on it.

Are you talking about pictures of your actual card, or the eBay pictures? Ebay pictures are stock and could very easily be different from the one you bought. Check your individual card personally for an ID number.

I’m talking the photos on eBay and every other photo I could find on the internet of the front/back of the card. I verified that was also the case with the card I received.

I’m talking the photos on eBay and every other photo I could find on the internet of the front/back of the card. I verified that was also the case with the card I received.

Then it probably is a BCM94360CDAX. If your Country Code is X0, then it is likely similar to the problem I had. MacOS will recognize the card and give it a pci address, but refuse to enable it. I never found a solution, sorry.

I recently purchased a BCM94360CDAX and PCI-E PCI Express Adapter to replace my BCM943225HMB pci card and adaptor. I wanted bluetooth 4.0. I have confirmed both the wireless and bluetooth work in Windows and Linux. Using tolda's plist patch, I enabled bluetooth in MacOS by editing the plist of the vanilla kext. However when I try to turn on wifi under preferences, I can't. When I click the turn-on button nothing happens. I have tried removing the wifi entry and re-adding it, but it makes no difference. I have also tried disabling and reenabling en2 from the terminal; no difference. In IORegistryExplorer, I have confirmed the IONameMacthed entry for the card is pci14e4,43a0, therefore shouldn't the card work by default because this entry is included in the AirPortBrcm4360.kext within IO80211Family.kext. I have confirmed the pci14e4,43a0 entry is in the vanilla AirPortBrcm4360.kext Under System Information it sees the card as en2 with the following information.

en2:
Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x136)
Firmware Version: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.21.171.68.1a5)
MAC Address: ac:7f:3e:f3:1d:97
Locale: FCC
Country Code: X0
Wake On Wireless: Supported
AirDrop: Supported
AirDrop Channel: 0
Auto Unlock: Supported

I have attached a copy of my IOReg and I am running Sierra 10.12.3. Any help would be greatly appreciated
I have exactly same problem with yours, but my card is BCM64360CSAX, BT worked but Wifi can not turn on. Try many way but not any work.
I throw that damn thing away. A guy on forum told that it work OOB may be he is the seller :))
I am now looking for a budget Tplink WN881ND v1 for the wifi. BT may be usb is the solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back