Gigabyte GA-H270-Gaming 3
CPU
i5
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
This is a really weird problem. Added a BCM94360CD to my rig, got it working perfectly inc. BT under Catalina 10.15.3. Have Sapphire RX580 and Intel HD Graphics HD 630 graphics card working including turning the monitors off (but not sleep - black screen).

Upgraded to 10.15.4 including Clover to R5107 and all kexts in the EFI--Other folder with latest versions of whatevergreen etc installed. Use SMBIOS 18,1 with my setup and SDST for USB. Checking everything out to confirm success and notice some very weird behaviour.

If I do not have a HDMI monitor plugged into the Intel graphics, the system becomes unstable and crashes with no message. Also, the BCM wifi can not connect to any wifi network (the card was from an old iMac 2013). If I plug in a monitor to the Intel graphics, wifi now works, system stable but that monitor will never wake from sleep or power off (power settings). If I change the SMBIOS to 19,1 it won't boot.

Any hints on what I can try would be appreciated - might try disabling the Intel completely in BIOS and kexts to see if wifi will work and sleep can work...

Disabled all the Intel Graphics attributes in Config.plist (after backup of course), disabled IGFX in the Bios and set boot to PCI-e slot 1 (RX 580 card), 1 DP monitor and 1 HDMI monitor attached to the card. Rebooted and WiFi and sleep work. Airplay to my Apple TV for presentations still works.

Don't know what happened but very strange behaviour...

Edit 1: Spoke too soon - checking everything again and wifi adapter has stopped working under Mac, but works with Windows 10... puzzling. Looks like I need to pop a monitor back onto the HD630, lose the sleep function and work on system stability...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back