Contribute
Register

BCM94360CD issue (BT works, wi-fi sometimes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97N Gaming 5
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a strange issue with the wi-fi (BCM94360CD and a mini-PCI-E adapter both bought on eBay) on my machine (built around a Gigabyte GA-Z97N Gaming 5 motherboard) that I’ve basically had since I set it up (built in 2014). From time to time, when I turn on the machine, the wi-fi doesn’t work (gray wi-fi icon; “Wi-Fi: No hardware installed”). I’ve never had any issues with Bluetooth.
The wi-fi never stops working while the machine is turned on (but between boots it occasionally stops working).
What seems to make it work again is to take out the adapter with wi-fi/BT card, and plug it in again (in the motherboard). Some times I have to do this more than ten times.

Does anyone have an idea what’s going on? I would be so grateful if I could get rid of this problem.

I tried to disconnect one of the antennas, and that seems to have worked (for now).

Originally I only used two antennas, but last time I had trouble getting wi-fi to work I attached two additional antennas and it started working again. Now I had to remove one of the two I had originally attached.

Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back