Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z390-A Pro
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
This card was working OOB with my Catalina installation prior to updating to 10.15.7. While WiFi works, the card no longer shows up under USB devices (System Report or Hackintool) and the BT menu says "Bluetooth: Not Available." In System Report, under Bluetooth, the only message is "No information available."

I have tried various BT kexts (had not needed any before) and I have verified that the internal USB port the card is connected to is working.

Attached is a recent debug report. All I can find in the logs is this line:

kernel: (IOBluetoothFamily) **** [IOBluetoothFamily][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- 'Broadcom USB Host Controller' does not exist in IORegistry causing this missing Blutooth Controller Transport problem

I tried another card (YOUBO PC Hackintosh WiFi Card BCM94360CD), which gave the same results.

Any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• debug_31376.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 133
Please try switching off the computer and then unplug the power cable to the CPU tower then press the POWER button to drain any static current.

Then plug the cable back in and try if bluetooth works.

Bluetooth has this issue when we have dual OS running on hackintosh and above always fixed it for me :)

As mentioned, I tried another card and made sure to drain power first. Also, my setup only became dual boot yesterday, so the lack of BT is unrelated to that.

Just had a chance to look at this some more. The card works in Win10 after I installed the drivers. Both WiFi and BT are working and even before, Win10 did see the device... unlike Catalina 10.15.7 :(

See that your USB ports works fine, maybe they don't work for USB kexts and you need to update them.
Sorry for my English)

I would try going to the OpenCore bootloader, that might fix your problem I think. When creating the bootloader, do not use the Bluetooth patches as your map is natively supported in MacOS.

First thing I would check is that the USB cable is seated correctly in the motherboard USB header port, especially if you have recently made any changes or added a new SSD/HDD to the system. It is easy for the USB cable to be moved and not connect fully in the header port.

I have the same problem, it worked well in Catralina now with the update for Big sur it stopped working,
did you solve?

Same problem here, I have a Fenvi T919 and it doesn't work in Catalina 10.15.7 and BigSur. Has anyone tried some of the those Broadcom kexts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back