Contribute
Register

BCM943602CS WiFi turns on and off, then stops working, can't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recommend changing the system definition using MultiBeast as MultiBeast also changes the other parameters in the SMBIOS to match the new system definitiobn. You can do this by running MulitBeast and just select the System definition you want, install and reboot. :thumbup:

Yes it could be that Apple made changes to MacPro and doesn't support the WiFi for that model. Google MacIASL and download it you can open your SSDT and DSDT files with it for viewing and see if MacPro definition is in there. If not you should be good to go, you may be able to edit it yourself or ask for help to edit it to iMac 14.2.

I’m certain the SSDT was made for MacPro6,1 and has power management adjustments among other things for MacPro6,1 and my specific motherboard. I’ll take a look at it and see what I can find. Not really sure what I’ll be looking at. A lot of it is confusing for me, so I’ll have to learn it. Thanks.

I recommend changing the system definition using MultiBeast as MultiBeast also changes the other parameters in the SMBIOS to match the new system definitiobn. You can do this by running MulitBeast and just select the System definition you want, install and reboot. :thumbup:
Thank you for that tip. I’ll do that.

Is there any way to get the MacPro6,1 system definition to work with this WiFi card or is there a WiFi card that will work with the MacPro6,1 sys def and give native functionality (handoff, iMessages, Back to My Mac, continuity, etc)?

I changed the system definition using Multibeast. I didn't notice anything different after doing that.

I examined the SSDT. I don't see anything in it that specifically mentioned MacPro6,1, but being that's it's a bunch of code I suspect I wouldn't see something like that even if it is supposed to be specifically for MacPro6,1. So how would I know?

I checked the power management with AppleIntelInfo.kext. I noticed my P-states were something like 12 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45. I have 2 SSDT's, a system one and a CPU one. The SSDT for the CPU is for a 4.5GHz overclock. I thought I'd see more between 12 and 34. So I made a new SSDT for the CPU. The results came out the same. I also checked Intel Power Gadget and HWMonitor and they both show the frequency at 45, but the temps are low, so I don't think it's really running at 45 all the time. When I run a benchmark or do something more strenuous with the computer I see the temps go up. So the power management seems to be working, but the appearance of it in the meters isn't showing it correctly.

I did rerun AppleIntelInfo.kext multiple times. Sometimes I see one additional state between 12 and 34, such as 16, 25, and 26. Sometimes 12 is gone and the lowest is 34.

This is a i7-4930K, with low frequency of 1200, base of 3400, and my overclock is 4500. SSDTPrGen did warns that the computer type (iMac) was wrong for this CPU, but let me make the SSDT anyway.

I went back to MacPro6,1 and found that the power management appears to work better. In Intel Power Gadget I can see the speed step to lower levels when idle than in iMac14,2. So I should stay with MacPro6,1. I just need to figure out how to get the wifi card working with the MacPro6,1 system definition. It should be possible since it works with a MacPro6,1 system definition in this thread here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...high-sierra-10-13-on-x99-full-success.227001/. I've asked for some assistance there, but my motherboard is completely different.

Would someone be able to assist? I'm attaching ioreg and SSDT to this message. Hopefully someone can help and guide me through this with an explanation so I can know and understand what's being done to fix it. Thank you!

Attachments

• Mac Pro.ioreg
    13.2 MB · Views: 75
  • SSDT.aml
    2.5 KB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back