Contribute
Register

BCM94352Z installed on ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming - WiFi and BT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I will hang back and wait for your report on the ..CS2 radio. I am getting one of my Catalina hacks ready to try the 10.15.4 update.

Good modding,
neil

CS2 arrived and bluetooth and wifi are working well. I'm having issues with Continuity / Handoff / Sidecar though:

1. For continuity camera, phone needs to be plugged into computer for File->Insert from iPhone or iPad to have any options
2. iPad needs to be plugged in for it to show up as a device for side car ( or show up in airplay menu ). When it does show up and I select it, iPad just goes black. Toggling Mirror Screen option does nothing to change the black screen.
3. Handoff just doesn't work. I don't see any little document icons show up on dock icons.

Airdrop does work though.

I've confirmed all devices are logged into the same apple account and handoff is enabled. I'd love to get all those features working if anyone has any suggestions.

CS2 arrived and bluetooth and wifi are working well. I'm having issues with Continuity / Handoff / Sidecar though:

1. For continuity camera, phone needs to be plugged into computer for File->Insert from iPhone or iPad to have any options
2. iPad needs to be plugged in for it to show up as a device for side car ( or show up in airplay menu ). When it does show up and I select it, iPad just goes black. Toggling Mirror Screen option does nothing to change the black screen.
3. Handoff just doesn't work. I don't see any little document icons show up on dock icons.

Airdrop does work though.

I've confirmed all devices are logged into the same apple account and handoff is enabled. I'd love to get all those features working if anyone has any suggestions.
Have you tried any BT headphones? hows the range? any sound or mouse stutter?

Arg. Looks like bluetooth connectivity / range is severely limited. This may explain continuity / handoff / sidecar issues. Any suggestions on how to debug and test bluetooth signal strength?

I didn't try sidecar yet but everything else works. I removed all the kext and just installed the card and boom works like a charm - best $50 bucks I've spent so far. Yes the range is still not as good as my 94352 that is in windows machine now (I think windows manages the dual band driver better than OS) However handoff works, no stutters and no kext needed.

the card i got:

I didn't try sidecar yet but everything else works. I removed all the kext and just installed the card and boom works like a charm - best $50 bucks I've spent so far. Yes the range is still not as good as my 94352 that is in windows machine now (I think windows manages the dual band driver better than OS) However handoff works, no stutters and no kext needed.

the card i got:

Finally got to installing the card mentioned above. Bluetooth range seems good.

Working:
  1. Continuity
  2. Handoff
  3. Insert from iPhone / iPad
Not Working
  1. Unlock with Apple Watch ( tries for a couple seconds then password field reappears )
  2. Sidecar ( can now connect wirelessly, but still get blank screen; toggling mirror display setting does not help )
I've logged out and back into iCloud. Any suggestions? config.plist attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.6 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back