Contribute
Register

Bcm94352z | dw1560 causes Windows 10 Lockup / Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
in macOs is fine. But in Wx, my DW1830's network properties shown very low speed: R/T = 216/175(Mbps), I would expect at least 877 bps(spec 1.3Gbps)

@Cabriolet,

DW1830 is a little slower for me in Windows 10 ... Usually around 700 Mbs (867 Mbs in Mac OS) ...
I practically never use Windows 10 on my laptop so the loss of 100 Mbs is no big deal for me.
I might boot into Windows once a month at the most ... usually never.

DW-1830 Connection status in MacOS about 10 meters away from the router :-

Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 00.57.41.png
you have mentioned somewhere your DW1830 at macOS was 450bps due to 80Mhz was not switch in...

That only occurred in MacOS until i fixed the issue by installing Lilu + AirportBrcmFixup and use boot argument :-
Code:
brcmfx-country=#a

What's your driver version?

DW1830 Windows Connection and Driver Info :-

Win-WiFi.PNG

Cheers
Jay

Hey, I was experiencing this issue as well, however it seems to only happen when the system is not using the network, at least with me, the fix for me was to disable the PCI-E power management in the powerprofile:
1. go to power plan settings
2. go to the advanced settings
3. got to PCI Express
4. deactivate the Link State Power Management

This definitely works for me. In fact, it had been working so well that i forgot all about it. then a week ago, i replaced my bloated battery and changed my power management settings. then i began to get the freeze problems again. so i searched for this thread to get reminded of what i had to do. true enough, my current power profile did not have the PCI "Link state power" set to off. once i placed it back to off (deactivated) all works great again.

Hey, I was experiencing this issue as well, however it seems to only happen when the system is not using the network, at least with me, the fix for me was to disable the PCI-E power management in the powerprofile:
1. go to power plan settings
2. go to the advanced settings
3. got to PCI Express
4. deactivate the Link State Power Management

Hope this helps someone.

EDIT: I have the stock windows driver for the card and have also applied other fixes from this thread before trying my solution, like disabling magic packet and wake on LAN, however the freezes where still happening. I dont know if deactivating Link State Power Management is sufficient on its own however, but in combination with the other fixes it seems to do the trick for me.

Thanks for your share ,it's works for me.Tested with driver version 6.30.223.256 and 7.35.352.0 , both work perfectly.

Hello, here my experience:
- I had a Lenovo T480s hackintoshed and Wi-Fi replaced with a DW1560 buyed at Amazon in 2016.
- Now I have a new MSI Prestige 15 and replaced wifi card with a new DW1560 buyed at aliexpress.com
- T480s worked always fine (dual boot)
- Prestige 15 worked fine under macOS, but had hangs using Windows 10. I tried several drivers and options said here, no one solved all issues under Windows.
- Finally I swapped Wi-Fi cards from one laptop to antoher so, T480s has new dw1560 and Prestige 15 has old dw1560. Surprisingly now both laptops work fine under macOS and also under Windows.:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back