Graphics
HD 520
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So I was looking on ebay for a BCM94352HMB and found these two from China:

Azurewave AW-CE123H BCM4352 BCM94352HMB Half Mini PCIe PCI-express Wireless WIFI

HP 724527-001 724935-001 BroadCom BCM94352HMB wireless wifi wlan Karte Half Mini

They are the same price and as it seems they are both BCM94352HMB, since my Laptop is a HP ProBook I tend to order the second one, but my guess would be they are probably exactly the same? The seller did note that the HP one is only for HP / Compaq Laptops and to make sure that SPS or P/N match your device. Does anyone have experience with this?

So I was looking on ebay for a BCM94352HMB and found these two from China:

Azurewave AW-CE123H BCM4352 BCM94352HMB Half Mini PCIe PCI-express Wireless WIFI

HP 724527-001 724935-001 BroadCom BCM94352HMB wireless wifi wlan Karte Half Mini

They are the same price and as it seems they are both BCM94352HMB, since my Laptop is a HP ProBook I tend to order the second one, but my guess would be they are probably exactly the same? The seller did note that the HP one is only for HP / Compaq Laptops and to make sure that SPS or P/N match your device. Does anyone have experience with this?

No whitelist on your ProBook G3, so it really doesn't matter. Different vendors tend to have different bluetooth. Luck of the draw to see which one works better.

No whitelist on your ProBook G3, so it really doesn't matter. Different vendors tend to have different bluetooth. Luck of the draw to see which one works better.

Thank you RehabMan.
I bought "Broadcom Model BCM94352HMB 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 867Mbps Bluetooth 4.0 DW1550" and I should receive it in a couple of days. Is there anything to watch out for when switching the hardware? I've seen some people talk about taping certain pins in order to get the wifi / bt work. Is this common or are these exceptional cases?

Thank you RehabMan.
I bought "Broadcom Model BCM94352HMB 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 867Mbps Bluetooth 4.0 DW1550" and I should receive it in a couple of days. Is there anything to watch out for when switching the hardware? I've seen some people talk about taping certain pins in order to get the wifi / bt work. Is this common or are these exceptional cases?

No such reports on the ProBook G3. Predicting the future is impossible though...

damn :( I'm probably the most unlucky ass in the world right now ... I finally got the BCM94352HMB WIFI Card and it doesn't fit inside my Laptop since its too wide.. Which WIFI Modul will I have to get now since this one doesn't fit :/

image1.JPG

EDIT:

Is it this one I should buy?

For laptops with NGFF/M.2 WiFi slot: BCM94352Z

Last edited:
damn :( I'm probably the most unlucky ass in the world right now ... I finally got the BCM94352HMB WIFI Card and it doesn't fit inside my Laptop since its too wide.. Which WIFI Modul will I have to get now since this one doesn't fit :/

View attachment 196871

EDIT:

Is it this one I should buy?

For laptops with NGFF/M.2 WiFi slot: BCM94352Z

Your original card is M.2 (formerly called NGFF). You need BCM94352Z.

I just received it and installed it. Funny under ubuntu the wifi didnt work but it did show up as a Network Controller

Code:
02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter [14e4:43b1] (rev 03)

I booted OSX and it works fine, immediately the wifi icon showed up and its also inside my system configuration. beautiful :)

I just received it and installed it. Funny under ubuntu the wifi didnt work but it did show up as a Network Controller

Code:
02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter [14e4:43b1] (rev 03)

I booted OSX and it works fine, immediately the wifi icon showed up and its also inside my system configuration. beautiful :)

Ubuntu requires special (beta?) drivers.

it is a Live version I was using and it is a beta release of 16.04. so maybe that is why it didn't work. I wanted to install ubuntu as a second OS but didn't do it yet. I'm pretty sure tho, that it will be possible to get the wifi running since it is working on OSX

it is a Live version I was using and it is a beta release of 16.04. so maybe that is why it didn't work. I wanted to install ubuntu as a second OS but didn't do it yet. I'm pretty sure tho, that it will be possible to get the wifi running since it is working on OSX

If you use google, you'll find Linux drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back