Motherboard
Dell Precision T3500
CPU
Xeon W3520
Graphics
GT 1030
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Guys I need help to get my ethernet working i have a dell t3500 and BCM5761 i can't get it to work i tried a lot of methods and i still can't get it to work

See this post about using FakePCIID for your Broadcom Ethernet port - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fakepciid-broadcom-bcm57xx-network-oob.155984/

Make sure you remove all the other 'methods' you have tried before you do anything, as some of the other 'Method's' if still present in the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, config.plist fixes, or kexts installed to /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions may cause the FakePCIID kexts to fail.

Just for clarity the two kexts should be added to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

You will need to repair permissions and rebuild the kext cache, after you remove/delete any kexts from /L/E or /S/L/E.

See this post about using FakePCIID for your Broadcom Ethernet port - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fakepciid-broadcom-bcm57xx-network-oob.155984/

Make sure you remove all the other 'methods' you have tried before you do anything, as some of the other 'Method's' if still present in the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, config.plist fixes, or kexts installed to /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions may cause the FakePCIID kexts to fail.

Just for clarity the two kexts should be added to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

You will need to repair permissions and rebuild the kext cache, after you remove/delete any kexts from /L/E or /S/L/E.
i tried this and still no luck

Have you made any changes to the target kext. The guide for getting these Ethernet ports working states the following:

Ensure your AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext is vanilla and any previous Clover patches for the BCM577XX are removed.

What other fixes have you tried and have they affected/impacted the AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext?

didn't work i need help and the model is BCM5761

Remove all the other fixes/kexts/patches etc you have tried and added to your system or Clover folder, including any patches in your config.plist.

Add this kext to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder - BCM5722D2.3.7.kext.

It might work with your Ethernet controller, the Device ID for your BCM5761 (14E4:1681) is present in the kext. This is a fairly old kext that was created by Allan for a number of unsupported Broadcom Ethernet ports.

Attachments

• BCM5722D2.3.7.kext.zip
    30.1 KB · Views: 173
thanks! i will try it now

It did work ! Thank you so much !! i have just a little problem when i boot the system it changes the drive configuration to raid on instead of ahci can you help ?

You need to edit your Bios and set the SATA controller to use AHCI. Make sure this option is saved when you exit the Bios.

You need to edit your Bios and set the SATA controller to use AHCI. Make sure this option is saved when you exit the Bios.
I do that and i saved it and still the same problem but in windows it doesn’t happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back