Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad T440p
CPU
i5-4210M
Graphics
HD 4600
Hello, I am running Big Sur in my T440p without any issues before I decided to install the bcm4360 wifi-card and proceed to delete the intel kexts, (AirportItlwm.kext, BlueToolFixup.kext, IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext), with this Intel kexts the laptop works good, but if I remove this intel kexts from the EFI\OC\Kexts (Partition) the laptop won't boot... do I missing something ?

thanks in advance

Does your T400P laptop have a whitelist? The Whitelist prevents the use of WiFi/BT cards that are not on the approved list, which is written in to the bios?

Yes, and I just bypassed the restrictions (whitelist) flashing the bios with a programmer module, but I did it with the Bios version 2.35. My question is if I can update the bios now to the new version 2.52 without losing what I already did?
Thanks

Does the flashed bios allow you to boot with the Broadcom card?

Assuming the bios v2.35 you flashed was edited to remove the Whitelist, then I would say no, you can't update the Bios without the Whitelist restrictions returning. As the Whitelist will be written in the latest version of the bios the same as it was in the original v2.35 bios (that I assume you overwrote).

You or someone would need to edit the new Bios (v 2.52) to remove the Whitelist before you could use it in your laptop with the Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

The question is do you need the latest Bios for any specific aspect that is fixed in the new version? Or can you continue with the current Bios, where the Whitelist has been removed?

It is a Haswell laptop, so it is not as if you are going to swap the CPU or any significant component, other than the WiFi/BT card. You may look at updating the memory but that wouldn't be limited or change with the replacement of the Bios with a new version.

The Flashed Bios v2.35, if working as expected, should be retained and used going forward with the Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

yes, the Broadcom card it’s working really well so far, Bluetooth and airdrop workin as well, 16gb memory upgraded, ssd m2 hard drive 245gb and another ssd 500gb has being upgraded too… 14” LG LCD screen for better resolution and keyboard with backlight… everything it’s working properly so far. I going to take your advice and let the 2.35 bios version and keep going with it…
Now just waiting for a new CPU to do the final upgrade
thanks a lot…

Hello, do you know why?, I’m running Monterrey…. Thanks

Attachments

• 71F30932-C65E-4969-AFAD-85AF05C08B27.jpeg
    71F30932-C65E-4969-AFAD-85AF05C08B27.jpeg
    479.4 KB · Views: 10
Issues with Intel IGPU framebuffer settings in the config.plist would be my best guess.

It could also be related to disabling any discrete GPU.

Not knowing the full specs of your laptop and without seeing your EFI folder the above suggestions are as good as it gets.

There is also the fact that Monterey is the last version of macOS to support the Haswell chipset and IGPU. So if you are using an incompatible SMBIOS this may also have an impact on how your laptop works with and boots macOS.

The MacBook Pro 11,4 SMBIOS would probably be the best match for your IGPU only hack. As thissystem is compatible with Monterey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back