Motherboard
Gigabyte z170 HD3P
CPU
Core i5 6400
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi! I'm trying to overclock via BCLK but macOS doesn't seem to like it. This is what I get when booting with -v:
IMG_0251.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG
Do you know how I could fix this? To me it looks like an issue related to storage, which would be odd. I already tried different CPUIDs, to no avail.

Thanks! <3

Last edited:
Hi! I'm trying to overclock via BCLK but macOS doesn't seem to like it. This is what I get when booting with -v:
View attachment 210618
View attachment 210618
Do you know how I could fix this? To me it looks like an issue related to storage, which would be odd. I already tried different CPUIDs, to no avail.

Thanks! <3
I have the exact same problem with my i5 6400 and Z170N WiFI board... Did you ever get your overclock working? I can go to 4Ghz+ on 1.15V in Windows ugh... Such a waste :/

I have the exact same problem with my i5 6400 and Z170N WiFI board... Did you ever get your overclock working? I can go to 4Ghz+ on 1.15V in Windows ugh... Such a waste :/
nope it seems to be impossible. Some people allegedly had some success with trying different cpu ID's in clover, but it never worked on my 6400.

nope it seems to be impossible. Some people allegedly had some success with trying different cpu ID's in clover, but it never worked on my 6400.
Well damn... :(
It just seems like such a waste that the consensus on a forum for hacking hardware to work on macOS is "don't bother, just buy a 6600K/7600K." Then again, if I'm going to complain like that I should get it to work myself and then post a tutorial instead of asking someone else to solve it for me right ( :) )

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it.

BTW, any links to those who supposedly got it to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back