AVC

Motherboard
Mobile Intel QM77 Express
CPU
3rd Generation Intel Core i5-3320M
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Hello,

I own a hp 2570p with sierra 10.12.6. I have all of the features (at least, all those I need) are functioning well. But I couldn't get the battery status working although I've tried plenty of kexts. There is an X on the battery now and I keep getting pop ups saying it's running low. I've seen the threads saying that I may need to patch DSDT to make the percentage work and seems a little complicated to me. I was wondering if it's possible to make the battery percentage work with an easier way? Any premade patched DSDT for my model so that I can copy/paste or install? Please let me know if there is anything else to share that would help me to resolve this problem. Thanks!

Edit: sorry for the repeated ACPI errors in dmesg.txt. It seems that I have bigger problems by looking at the ACPI errors on boot, but all works fine for now except the battery status.

Attachments

• bdmesg.txt
    29.6 KB · Views: 71
  • sudo dmesg.txt
    17.2 KB · Views: 112
Hello,

I own a hp 2570p with sierra 10.12.6. I have all of the features (at least, all those I need) are functioning well. But I couldn't get the battery status working although I've tried plenty of kexts. There is an X on the battery now and I keep getting pop ups saying it's running low. I've seen the threads saying that I may need to patch DSDT to make the percentage work and seems a little complicated to me. I was wondering if it's possible to make the battery percentage work with an easier way? Any premade patched DSDT for my model so that I can copy/paste or install? Please let me know if there is anything else to share that would help me to resolve this problem. Thanks!
your laptop has a guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

Reactions: AVC
Wow, that was a quick response, thanks! Actually, I've seen this guide before but it is a bit complicated to me. As I have already had my OS X functioning, I don't think I have to do all the steps there. Do I? Maybe you can advice me to apply the guide starting from some point. Eventually, my problem is only the battery status.
follow the guide as is, there is no DSDT patching involved (all the hard work as already been done for you)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back