Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it seems I have fixed my problem with the battery monitor:

Attachments

• img0314nl.jpg
    img0314nl.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 183
Well, it seems I have fixed my problem with the battery monitor:

Did you manage to do the DSDT edits yourself?

I just haven't had any time to look at it... (and really long-term I cannot afford to spend the time patching battery code in DSDT for every laptop [over and over]).

Yes, I have modified the DSDT by myself with the help of your link and another post from other forum, and I know it's a big effort to do this.

Thanks for your time.

PS: Do you think these values are correct:

Attachments

• capturadepantalla201305.png
    capturadepantalla201305.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 232
I try to patch my DSDT to use this kext but showing error on compile..

could you patch my dSDT, thanks

Is this for Lenovo U310. It looks like it --- I've had one here (the new U310 touch) for the past couple of days and had been looking at the DSDT. But there were enough other annoying things about the laptop that I'm taking it back (bouncy keyboard, fan has annoying whine, WiFi doesn't work on OS X, white list for wifi, need to void warranty to replace anything because of Lenovo sticker on back panel screw... and I could not get sleep to work [it would lock up on sleep w/ fans on, power button still lit]). In the end, I decided not a good laptop for me so it is going back.

I did some patches a while back for a Lenovo and they were a match for the U310, maybe you'll find it of some use. You will probably have to comment out some of the code in GBIF (stuff dealing with SBMN, SBDN towards the end) as these are accessing 128-bit EC data for serial number/model number of battery.

Attachments

• Lenovo_Battery.txt.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 94
Sorry to sound redundant. I am using an Asus UX32VD, when I try to use the latest kext from https://code.google.com/p/os-x-acpi-battery-driver/downloads/list . However, the battery meter says it at 0%. I know for a fact that my batteries are charged and are at 100%.

I know that there are some DSDT modifications, but I would appreciate some info on what I should do to my DSDT.

I got some to edit my DSDT. However, my battery still shows 0% (or X through the icon).
Is there something wrong with my DSDT?

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    34.1 KB · Views: 106
I got some to edit my DSDT. However, my battery still shows 0% (or X through the icon).
Is there something wrong with my DSDT?

Yes. See above. You need to track down all access to EC (EmbeddedControl) registers bigger than 16-bit from ACPI battery methods _BIF, _BST, _STA and convert them to 8-bit access.

Sorry, I do not have time to patch everybody's DSDT for battery... The ProBook patches are excellent examples and if you're lucky you might even find ones for your laptop already done.

I've been told that the DSDT has been properly edited to have 8 bit values (I hired some one to do the conversion).

I've been told that the DSDT has been properly edited to have 8 bit values (I hired some one to do the conversion).

You wasted your money because they didn't do it correctly.

I see signs of 16-bit to 8-bit conversion of SystemIO access (which is not necessary), but there are plenty of EmbeddedControl fields still 16-bit (or more).

Unless you're very thorough, it is pretty much impossible to do this without having the actual machine in hand. Mainly because it is writing/modifying code and it is very difficult to write code perfectly the first time. This is why we test software before releasing it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back