Contribute
Register

Battery Manager with Fix for Boot without Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello RehadMan
i'm using Dell latitude E6410 and i have install your battery kext but it's not work and when i check Console.app i get
Screen Shot 2013-04-28 at 2.14.02 PM.jpg
and check by Ternimal
Screen Shot 2013-04-28 at 2.14.27 PM.png

can you explain my problem?
and this's my DSDT
View attachment dsdt.aml.zip

can you help me?

Thanks very much!

Hello RehadMan
i'm using Dell latitude E6410 and i have install your battery kext but it's not work and when i check Console.app i get
View attachment 54590
and check by Ternimal
View attachment 54591

can you explain my problem?
and this's my DSDT
View attachment 54592

can you help me?

Thanks very much!

Your DSDT needs work. All access to EC registers is already 8-bit, but I think there is an initialization problem. Perhaps because of checks against OS that is running do not include checks for "Darwin" I've made some changes... look for "//was" (there are just two places) and you'll see my edits.

Uncompiled DSL is attached. Use MaciASL to load it, and do Save As... File Format "ACPI Machine Language Binary" and then place the result in /Extra/dsdt.aml and give it a try.

Attachments

• dsdt-pachuca_rehab.dsl.zip
    31.5 KB · Views: 94
Hello, I have the same problem with the battery monitor as our mate pachuca, I'm using AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext on my laptop but I only have this on the menu bar:

capturadepantalla201304.png

and I can this messages on my system.log:

Code:
Apr 26 00:01:26 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: AppleSmartBatteryManager:getBatteryBIF(0xE00002BC) failed
Apr 26 00:01:26 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: AppleSmartBatteryManager:getBatteryBST(0xE00002BC) failed

Anybody could help me, please??

Thanks in advance.

PD: I have attached my DSDT.

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    16.1 KB · Views: 106
Hello, I have the same problem with the battery monitor as our mate pachuca, I'm using AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext on my laptop but I only have this on the menu bar:

capturadepantalla201304.png

and I can this messages on my system.log:

Code:
Apr 26 00:01:26 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: AppleSmartBatteryManager:getBatteryBIF(0xE00002BC) failed
Apr 26 00:01:26 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: AppleSmartBatteryManager:getBatteryBST(0xE00002BC) failed

Anybody could help me, please??

Thanks in advance.

PD: I have attached my DSDT.

Your DSDT has a lot of 16-bit registers (CAP0, VOT0 as examples -- I just took a quick look...). They all need to be converted to 8-bit access.

Do I have to change all of them or only some of them??

I have found and modified 7 of them, but now I have some errors. How do I fix them??

Attachments

• 29-04-2013 23-53-44.png
    29-04-2013 23-53-44.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 132
I have found and modified 7 of them, but now I have some errors. How do I fix them??

Once you change the names and split them up, then you have to change all the code that references them to take the two 8-bit values and put them together to form a 16-bit value (see B1B2 and use of B1B2 in ProBook patches).

Maybe show exactly what you've done/changed so far...

Warning: it is a bit 'involved' and probably not possible unless you have some programming experience.

I try to patch my DSDT to use this kext but showing error on compile..

could you patch my dSDT, thanks

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    28.1 KB · Views: 82
Once you change the names and split them up, then you have to change all the code that references them to take the two 8-bit values and put them together to form a 16-bit value (see B1B2 and use of B1B2 in ProBook patches).

Maybe show exactly what you've done/changed so far...

Warning: it is a bit 'involved' and probably not possible unless you have some programming experience.

I have programming experience, but I'm more proficient on C#, Java or similars, so that's the reason I'm asking for help. Could you help me, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back