Graphics
ati HD5970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm sorry if this has already been answered.
I'b been trying to solve overheating issue with my processor, and while I was watching HWMonitor logs I realized, that all cores run with exactly the same multiplier and frequency.
With got me wondering if its suppose to be like that? I doesn't seem very efficient. Is it the same on original Apple computers?
Windows for example can use only one core, while others stay at low rates.
Coz I feel like this might be the cause of my cpu going up to 70 degrees within 5 minutes after boot.

I'm sorry if this has already been answered.
I'b been trying to solve overheating issue with my processor, and while I was watching HWMonitor logs I realized, that all cores run with exactly the same multiplier and frequency.
With got me wondering if its suppose to be like that? I doesn't seem very efficient. Is it the same on original Apple computers?
Windows for example can use only one core, while others stay at low rates.
Coz I feel like this might be the cause of my cpu going up to 70 degrees within 5 minutes after boot.

See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tive-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-power-management.html

Yes, I read it, and since I have 1st generation processor, I used iMac 11.1 sysdef.
There are ~7 p-states according to MSDumper.
But all this steps are identical for all cores, and thats what I'm wondering about.
I dont realy have a lot of knowledge concerning processors, so maybe I'm missing something oblivious, but both windows and linux show diffrent frequencies on each core (depending on system's load).
As in: while browsing web - two core are at about 40%, rest is at about 10%.
My OSX on the other hand forces all cores to work at the same frequencie.
As in: while browsing web - all cores at 50%.
If there is an answere to that in linked post, I cannot find it :<

Yes, I read it, and since I have 1st generation processor, I used iMac 11.1 sysdef.
There are ~7 p-states according to MSDumper.
But all this steps are identical for all cores, and thats what I'm wondering about.
I dont realy have a lot of knowledge concerning processors, so maybe I'm missing something oblivious, but both windows and linux show diffrent frequencies on each core (depending on system's load).
As in: while browsing web - two core are at about 40%, rest is at about 10%.
My OSX on the other hand forces all cores to work at the same frequencie.
As in: while browsing web - all cores at 50%.
If there is an answere to that in linked post, I cannot find it :<

I believe the frequency multiplier applies to all cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back