Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime Z270-A
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
HD 7970
Hi everybody
I had ElCapitan on my old computer, but now Ive replaced the motherboard and cpu and graphics, and the old installation doesnt work anymore, it just doesnt start.
So, Ive decided to make a fresh install and download High Sierra.
But when I try to install the retail disc Snowleopard, it just doesnt start.
It starts but stops after a while.
Im using IBoot and retail Snowleopard.
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z270-A
Cpu: Intel I7 7700K
Graphics: Amd 7970

Your hardware is too new to be supported in Snow Leopard.

There's no chance that Snow Leopard (2009) will ever install on hardware that new. Just not possible.

Last edited:
Ok, thanx. So, basically thats it?
What should I do then?
I still have my old installation with El Capitan on the harddrive, but it wont start.
It was made with a Asus P5Q Deluxe motherboard, and a Intel Core Quad cpu. Recently, I upgraded to the above mentioned.

Ok , thank you, I will check this out

Im sorry, but this is way over my head.
Isnt there an easier way, on all of your guides except the latest , you recommend Snow Leopard or Lion from scratch, how is this. Most people have new systems.
Couldnt I just use my friends Imac 2012, and download High Sierra or Mojave and create the usb installer?

Isnt there an easier way, on all of your guides except the latest , you recommend Snow Leopard or Lion from scratch, how is this. Most people have new systems.
Buy a used Mac. Borrow a used Mac from a friend to download High Sierra. If you already have macOS Mt. Lion or newer running on a Mac it is super easy to run the gibMacOS.commnad in Terminal and get HS or whatever you want newer than that. See my guide for how to do that.

If I just do what I suggested before, then I could follow your instructions on "Guides"
Borrow my friends Imac and download High Sierra or Mojave, and create the usb from there, using multibeast and Unibeast, as Ive done before.
This gibMacOs thing seems to messy for me.
Im not that good on computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back